PDA

View Full Version : "This series is over!"

mikelow
05-13-2004, 11:36 PM
That's what Stephen A. Smith said on ESPN after the game.

But I think the Spurs can at least cover game six.

Reasons:

1. It's really hard to beat a team like the Spurs four straight.

2. Tony Parker can't be that bad four games in a row also.

3. The Spurs are too well coached and are too resilient to
lose game six.

4. I still have a lot of doubts about Shaq--only nine shots taken and 1 for 5 from the foul line.

Having said all that, I will bet small, if at all. It's going to depend on the "state of the bankroll" as this will
be the last game on the board Saturday night.

Comments?

Big Al
05-14-2004, 04:03 PM
I think a loss like the Spurs suffered is devastating for a team. I expect the Lakers to be focused and ready to play for the next game, knowing they can wrap it up and they definately do not want to go back to San Antonio. I look for the Lakers to roll in a blowout.--Big Al--

mikelow
05-14-2004, 05:13 PM
After further review, I think I'm going with the Lakers also. If there was a longer interval between games, the Spurs might get over it. I have been a doubter of the Lakers, but they might just get there next month.

Also, I have come to the conclusion that the rape charge is less and less of a distraction for Kobe as the pretrial issues are resolved.

Lay the 4.5--I think the line will close higher.

andyfox
05-14-2004, 05:31 PM
1. The first three are over. The Lakers only have to win one in a row now.

2. Tony Parker has often been that bad four games in a row and more.

3. Pop is indeed a good coach, but Phil is no slouch. And Pop doesn't have Kobe or Shaq on his team.

4. The Lakers won with Shaq only scoring 11 points. While I too have doubts about him, it would be awfully surprising to see him score less than 25 next game.

I don't care what the announcers are saying, Horry is absolutely killing the Spurs. Don't let him play and they have a chance.

NajdorfDefense
05-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Taking Lakers. -5 is not bad, and Lakers know to close it out, and they do have to do it at home.

Naj