PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Members Tournament - World Poker Championship

Slacker13
05-13-2004, 09:48 PM
(This tournament is not sponsored by the 2+2 forum)

World Poker Championship - Dublin Ireland
We are looking to send a Zoo member to the World Poker Championship in Dublin Ireland. All Zoo members with a minumum of 25 posts are welcome.

The Gaming Club has been kind enough to host this event. They have also added money to the prize pool for travel and expenses and also will not be charging any fee’s to play in the tournament. This is a great opportunity to send one of our own to a major tournament and the best part is the final table with get a 33% stake in the person who wins.

To participate please PM Slacker13 with your Gaming Club alias. If you do not have a Gaming Club account please go to here (http://www.gamingclubpoker.com) to set one up.

From the Gaming Club:
Winner of each SnG gets their buy-in back + seat at final multi-table event to determine who goes to Dublin. The trip to Dublin has a value of $12k (see here for details) (http://www.gamingclubpoker.com/promo/worldpokerchampionship/index.asp?VT=39208663&EventID=17867) and we'll toss in an additional $1k spending money (on top of the $1k already in the $12k package) just 'cos we like the Zoo.

And don't forget that the losing MTT final players share 33% of the Zoo rep's winnings (if any) in Dublin.

S&amp;G's start on Monday, May 17th 2004, the SnG qualifiers for the Zoo GC WPC MTT will begin at 8PM EST. <font color="red"> (**We are working on changing this time to 6pm to accommodate European players. I will update this once I found out for sure.)</font>

Pre-registration
The SnG's will work on a pre-registration basis, so we'll need your GC aliases in advance (so that a non-Zoo'er who stumbles across the table doesn't make a surprise entrance). Please give your full cooperation to our Tournament Director, Slacker13, who
will be managing this process.

You'll need to PM me (Slacker13) with your Gaming Club Poker alias as soon as you've decided that you want to play in the SnG's (This only needs to be done once). I will in turn send them to the Gaming Club - it's very important that we get these as early as
possible as there is obviously a cut-off time for getting into each day's game.

Once you're on the list though, you don't have worry sending it through again (and we'll be pre-registering you for both tables).

So in summary:

<ul type="square">
Pot Limit Hold'em SnG's

Normal Hold'em Escalation with 20 hands between levels and 1500 starting chips

Tables open every night at 8PM EST (and will shut down at 12PM EST or as soon as possible thereafter)(Obviously if a game is in progress at 12PM,

Your choice is either a $25+$0 10-seater or a $50+$0 5-seater, respectively named "Zoo GC WPC Table 1" and "Zoo GC WPC Table 2"

The tables will run continuously while they are open, i.e. if one game finishes another will start as soon as enough players are seated.
[/list]
Winner of each SnG gets their buy-in back + seat at final multi-table event to determine who goes to Dublin. The trip to Dublin has a value of $12k (see here for details) and we'll toss in an additional $1k spending money (on top of the $1k already in the $12k package)
just 'cos we like the Zoo.

And don't forget that the losing MTT final players share 33% of the Zoo rep's winnings (if any) in Dublin. See here for the post.

Must have a minimum of 25 posts to participate.

Any questions/criticisms/comments, please let me know.

Two SnG's (open only to pre-registered Zoo players) will run continuously (i.e. start whenever they fill up)

The tables will continue to run until $10k in buy-ins has been collected. If the $10k mark is reached by June 13th, then we'll hold a multi-table event for the 40 SnG winners on June 14th, and the winner of this event will get a seat at the WPC.

If $10k isn't reached by June 13th then we'll leave the tables open until such time as the $10k is reached, and an alternative event will be chosen.

If there is a total lack of interest and it's clear after (say) 2 weeks that nowhere near $10k in buy-ins is going to materialize then we'll pay out the winners of the individual SnG's according the standard SnG payout schedule.