PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 hand

sfer
05-13-2004, 07:48 PM
WTF? Comments?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (11.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows As 7s (two pair, sevens and threes).
MP2 shows 7c Ac (two pair, sevens and threes).
Outcome: MP2 wins 6.75 BB. UTG wins 6.75 BB. </font>

Trix
05-13-2004, 08:48 PM
I dont like the preflop raise as people need to have actual hands to limp in this game. I think that there is a good chance that you will be raised you will be playing an offsuit 2-gabber out of position then.

I dont like semibluffing into 5 players either. Check see what happens.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-13-2004, 08:54 PM
I'm MP2 in this hand. My play seems pretty standard, IMO.

sfer
05-14-2004, 01:02 AM
I agree with the flop bet. Fairly pointless against this field. The PF raise, however, I think is necessary. I want to know if AA/KK/AK is out there and looking to 3-bet.

JSD
05-14-2004, 06:01 AM
I was UTG and induced the limpfest. I think it helped that I was constantly typing "LIMP!" in the chat window pre-flop.

It was a goofy hand, but not nearly as goofy as my "smoothcall-cap" on the flop on that other hand. GAMBOOOL!

JSD
05-14-2004, 06:06 AM
I don't like the PF raise. I'm almost never raising AJo out of the BB unless I'm heads-up against a weak limper. In this hand you've got a whole bunch of limpers who are going to play fairly reasonably post-flop. I'm not sure I'd raise AQo in this situation either.

And I definitely check the flop and see what happens. If I bet comes on my immediate right, I might check-raise. Otherwise, I'm probably check-folding. This flop is actually a little scary with all the limpage.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-14-2004, 06:16 AM
You mean your coldcall/cap turned quads hand?

Brilliant is all I have to say. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
05-14-2004, 06:23 AM
3 things

1) What hand did you put me on?
2) What made you bet the river?
3) Would you have called a river raise?

sfer
05-14-2004, 08:58 AM
Against a normal Party crowd--and this hand looked like Party, didn't it?--I will routinely raise AJo from the blinds. This hand had 5 limpers! And with above average limpers I'm confident I had the best hand preflop.

BTW, thanks for pseudo-sweating me at UB last night everyone. I'll be back at it again tonight. I need a late May Vegas vacation. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Trix
05-14-2004, 10:17 AM
You have bad position and a hand that doesn´t play very well multiway, I dont think knowing if a better hand is out there is worth the bets as you cant use it unless you hit your hand anyway.

MicroBob
05-14-2004, 12:39 PM
"I'm not sure I'd raise AQo in this situation either."

does anyone else agree with this.

i'm raising the AJ against a field of limpers almost every time. and i'm definately raising with AQ.

JSD's strategy seems overly tight imo.

B Dids
05-14-2004, 12:55 PM
That's the weirdest thing I've ever seen. With all that limping, I think I'd fold AJo out of abject fear.

tech
05-14-2004, 01:14 PM
LOL Dids. For my part, I limped with total trash. Would have made for a great story if I had hit it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

SparkyDog
05-14-2004, 01:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont like the preflop raise as people need to have actual hands to limp in this game. I think that there is a good chance that you will be raised you will be playing an offsuit 2-gabber out of position then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? I think he would have heard from AKo or AQo by now, and if he's limp reraised he probably knows he's up against AA, KK, or maybe QQ. I don't think he has to worry about being dominated by a kicker, and he finds out whether or not he's against an overpair. If the flop looks favorable, I might have gone for a C/R to knock out the limpers, but if someone shows aggression against me on an unfavorable flop, I can be reasonably sure I'm behind with AJ high, and very well up against a TPTK (like this board) and drawing to 3 Jacks and not to an Ace.

B Dids
05-14-2004, 04:08 PM
You have to understand, NOBODY limps at this table. It's easily the most TAG table on Party. If somebody is limping it's not because they don't have a good hand, they're getting cute.

I wasn't kidding. If I saw more than one person limp, I'm laying down AJo at this table.

deacsoft
05-14-2004, 04:24 PM
I don't like the A-J raise there out of position. I also don't like the lead with nothing into that many players. Truthfully, I'm just glad I left the table before all this maddness took place. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bisonbison
05-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Truthfully, I'm just glad I left the table before all this maddness took place.

You probably missed my advertising raises with 64o.

SparkyDog
05-14-2004, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to understand, NOBODY limps at this table. It's easily the most TAG table on Party. If somebody is limping it's not because they don't have a good hand, they're getting cute.

I wasn't kidding. If I saw more than one person limp, I'm laying down AJo at this table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played at the 2+2 table, so I may not be adjusting my thinking enough for the opponents. Would you say my thinking is very far off for a normal .5/1 Party or even up to 10/20?

B Dids
05-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Exactly. It's probably the tightest and best table at Party when it's going..

sfer
05-14-2004, 05:09 PM
What are 2+2ers limping with in a limpfest with other 2+2ers? Axs. Suited broadway cards. Suited connectors. Medium/small pairs. Or the dreaded AA/KK/AK.

I can understand checking to keep the pot small because these players are all folding without a solid draw. That, in retrospect, is a good reason not to raise preflop. But otherwise, I have no reason to think I don't have the best hand or a dominating hand. And, in fact, I'm pretty sure I did. Certainly JSD and CDC both flopped 2 outers. The average online micro player will have far worse hands, and that, to me, is a good argument for generally raising AJo in the BB.

JSD
05-14-2004, 05:44 PM
I see it both ways, but I'm still leaning towards just calling AJo in the BB (rock that I am). When I'm raising AJo pre-flop (and KQo and to a lesser extent AQo) mostly I think I'm trying to limit the field. I especially want to knock out Kx and Qx type hands. I'm really not too happy when I raise AJo in EP and get coldcalled in two places and the blinds both play.

Likewise, if I'm on the button and its 3-4 limpers to me, I'm usually limping along with AJo unless all of the limpers are weak. 1-2 limpers and I'm raising.

I also play AJo much much weaker on the flop. I rarely semibluff a flop with AJ, unless I've got backdoor draws to go with it (that don't involve a K or Q on teh board). Call me weak-tight, but I found that AJo was a big leak for me when I was playing it as aggressively as AKo/AQo. Its just not. I'm even starting to tone down my AQo aggressiveness a shade. Overcards against a field of 5 crappy limpers with any coordination on the board just ain't worth it.

JSD
05-14-2004, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3 things
1) What hand did you put me on?
2) What made you bet the river?
3) Would you have called a river raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Flush draw or medium pair. In light of which, I should have bet the turn.

2) Martians. Seriously, I thought there was a chance I could get you to fold 88/99 if that was what you held. I'm calling your bet anyways and I thought the chance of a raise was small.

3) No. I feel pretty good that I can fold to a river raise here.

JSD
05-14-2004, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You probably missed my advertising raises with 64o.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't that one UTG after your UTG+2 and UTG+1 raises both stole the blinds? I nearly called in the BB with cheese, but let you have it. My cheese had you dominated as I recall. Something like 86o. A real monster.

bisonbison
05-14-2004, 05:56 PM
There was that one, and then there were a couple of random ones with 66 and 22 and I think maybe one other offsuit trash one.

Chris Daddy Cool
05-14-2004, 07:32 PM
Actually me and JSD had YOU flopping a 2 outer. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sorry about your 6th place finish... couldn't even get the steak knives. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
05-14-2004, 07:34 PM
At least you got away with it. Blind stealing with 52o and then folding the winner to a turn checkraise is harsh. Tosh is just too good. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SparkyDog
05-14-2004, 07:54 PM
It's unimaginable to this .05/.10 PS player that the higher limit Party tables are so soft to not even compare to the 2+2 table... no offense to other posters intended. /images/graemlins/smile.gif