PDA

View Full Version : QJs played miserably

easypete
05-13-2004, 06:29 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds.

<font color="purple">Probably should have folded here? </font>

Flop: (7.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="purple">Didn't have odds to call to a 2 outer, and seeing that I had already gotten 2 boats in the last 10 hands, thought it was unlikely anyway. </font>

River: (12.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="purple">Forgot one point...... CARDS DON'T HAVE A MEMORY. Still good fold on turn? </font>

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 14.25 BB, between MP2 and UTG+1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP2 (14.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows Qs As (three of a kind, queens).
MP2 shows Kd 9c (straight, king high).
Outcome: MP2 wins 14.25 BB. </font>

Peter Harris
05-13-2004, 07:19 PM
i'd fold PF with so few limpers. your hand may be dominated, and either way it plays best against those tables full of coldcallers!

I'd also fold the turn, way too expensive to draw to a boat. If i was feeling particularly -EV but KNEW the player i beat would tilt, i may pay to catch the boat. but still, coldcalling 2 on the turn with a probable straight out there? nooo.

But i wouldn't have had to make these decisions, having folded PF!

Regards,
Pete Harris

ddubois
05-13-2004, 07:29 PM
Why do you think you have two outs and not four?

Not that it matters, as you don't have odds to draw to 2 or 4, but I'm curious why you say 2. You put MP2 on JJ that easily?

bisonbison
05-14-2004, 02:25 AM
Pete,

just cause you're on the button doesn't mean you get to coldcall raises.

Didn't have odds to call to a 2 outer, and seeing that I had already gotten 2 boats in the last 10 hands, thought it was unlikely anyway.

I'm gonna blame this part of the post on heat-sickness.

kenewbie
05-14-2004, 04:34 AM
Fold preflop.

Then you wouldnt be in this less than plesant situation /images/graemlins/smile.gif

k