PDA

View Full Version : Top pair middle kicker on scary board

chief444
05-13-2004, 01:55 PM
MP2 is loose and somewhat aggressive. Given that read I think this is straightforward but does anyone let this go on the turn raise?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
Hero bets, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero bets, UTG+2 folds, MP2 raises, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP2 bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Raiser
05-13-2004, 02:00 PM
Given your read, I like your play.

AA suited
05-13-2004, 04:45 PM
not knowing if this player bluffed in the past, i would have folded on the turn. i assume people have learned their lesson on $1/2 that you will get called to the river most of the time by someone for any reason, like just because they want to see your cards.

(i know i have learned my lesson. Tried about 10 times and got called to the river every time and lost to bottom pair or worst. ie: As button on $1/2, i tried to bully the blinds with K8o, got called to the river, and lost to Ace high.)

when my bet gets raised at micro and small stakes tables, i assume they have something good (but not necessarily the nut hand).

then again, i've only been playing online for &lt;1000 hands.