PDA

View Full Version : EV for Dealing it Twice on This Hand??

fsuplayer
05-13-2004, 11:57 AM
A hand recently came up where two players were all in on the turn in a home game of mine.

Board: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Player 1: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Player 2: K /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif

The next day I was wondering to myself if it would be +EV for either player to agree to run it twice and deal two river cards in this situation?

I am not that great at probabilities, but I know that Player 2 cannot possible lose the pot. But would an extra chance at his flush offset the +EV he has of scooping the whole pot if there is no deal and just one river /images/graemlins/club.gif?

On the other side of the coin, does Player 1 raise or lower his EV by "protecting" himself from a river /images/graemlins/club.gif if he just wants to run it twice?

Not sure if I am being clear enough, but it sparked my interest and my friend and I werent sure which player is getting the short end of the end if we ran it twice.

BTW To make calculations easier, say there is $100 in the pot once both players are all in.

Thanks for any help guys,

FsuPlayer

Kaz The Original
05-13-2004, 04:05 PM
EV does not change the number of times you run a hand. Remember, EV is based on a million times of playing the hand.

All that running it twice does is decrease SD.

AJo Go All In
05-14-2004, 06:53 AM
cmon, did you think running it twice would be accepted practice if it gave one player the short end of the stick?