PDA

View Full Version : ATs, help me with a plan

Rico Suave
05-13-2004, 11:12 AM
No great reads, but lets assume MP3 is decent.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Rico is UTG with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Rico raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Rico calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

What's my plan?

--Rico

Haupt_234
05-13-2004, 11:17 AM
I bet out to see where MP3 stands. His raise or call will tell you a lot about what he is playing, and finding this out on the cheap street is valuable.

Haupt_234

MAxx
05-13-2004, 11:25 AM
Rico- I would probably limp under the gun with an A-10 suited... its a good hand but I do not think it is a raising hand under the gun. Secondly, with that flop... I would bet into the raiser and see what happens. After he raises, I would strongly suspect (if he appears to be a solid player) that he holds an over pair. Solid players usually 3bet only with their premium hands...AA through JJ and AKs. If I had a great read on him that he was very solid and predictable, I would fold to his raise. If I sensed that he was wild or I did not have a good read, I would go into check and call mode. If he does not raise you when you bet into him, but calls instead... He is most likely behind and trying to draw out on you. He would probably not be slowplaying as the flop is 2 cards to a flush. That's my plan- what do you think?

Festus22
05-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Options
1. Check/call the whole way.

2. Check/call flop and turn, bet the river.

3. Bet if checked to. If MP raises, call and then lead the turn if it's not a K, Q or J. If he raises again, lay it down.

4. Bet the flop. If he just calls the flop bet, then bet the whole way.

Frankly, I don't any of the above lines is hideous. I'd probably choose #2.

btspider
05-13-2004, 12:28 PM
I would probably check raise to get this heads-up. I don't think everyone saw that its 3 handed here. Get it heads up and then find out if he's got an overpair or a draw by his reaction to your C/R.

tripdad
05-13-2004, 12:41 PM
if the table is loose/passive, i would limp preflop UTG. if it is tight/aggressive, i raise preflop UTG. if the table is average, it is a clear fold UTG preflop.

flop: check. if UTG+1 bets and MP3 raises, fold. if UTG+1 bets and MP3 calls, call(plan to check/raise the turn with no /images/graemlins/heart.gif). if UTG+1 checks, and MP3 bets, raise to get heads up.

turn: you'll either be out of the action, leading the action, or check/raising. good luck!

cheers!

Rico Suave
05-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Hey Festus:

I chose door #1. For those worried about UTG+1 (and rightfully so) he folded after I checked the flop.

Had I held AQ and caught a Q high flop, or held AK and caught a K high flop, I think 1 and 2 are clearly the best plays. However, with a AT and a T high flop, I wasn't so sure. I did not want to spend 1.5 to 2bb to figure out that I was behind and then fold before seeing the river when I could get to the river for 1.5 bb.

I check called all the way with undercards coming on the turn and river. He had AA.

--Rico

Yeknom58
05-13-2004, 02:20 PM
Who knows what anyone is 3 betting preflop nowdays. The only thing I think you can safely say is that he has at least one picture card or a ANY PP.

On the flop you have TPTK I would play it that way. The problem is that your TP is a ten so you really want to protect your hand and discourage anybody with hands like KQ,KJ,QJ from calling. I think you can safely say MP is going to bet the flop so I would go for a CR and hopefully get rid of UTG+1. You open raised, then CR the flop, if MP 3 bets your flop CR the only hand I'm thinking your ahead of is AhKh. All other possible hands spell 5 outer or less. On the turn you can consider the check fold.

Now if UTG+1 starts calling bets and MP 3 bets the flop you have yourself a case of Huge-pot-I-think-I-might-be-behind-but-I'm-not-folding-itis.

Trix
05-13-2004, 02:40 PM
I would bet out since it seems like the cheapest way to get rid of UTG, as he must worry about a raise behind him, so he cant call with overcards fx.
This also removes the chance of a check-through.
I dont like check-raising as it might get checked through and I might get 3bet and will have to call all the way.