PDA

View Full Version : trip report, day whatever

Tommy Angelo
05-13-2004, 11:07 AM
It was a couple years back when my buddy and 2+2er Matt Flynn deserted me when he did the unimaginable. He moved FROM California. Yeah, he had his reasons I suppose. If one of them was to make for fonder-hearts reunions in Vegas, it worked. Good seeing ya Matt!

Twoplustwoers I met so far this trip for the first time: Barry, Coilean, SinCityGuy, Ednase. That's four more fine folks I'd want to spend time with anywhere but at table 38 at Lucky Chances.

I'm very happy with how I've been playing this trip, and my latest amusement is this $/card-shown tracking unit, employed for session-starting self-entertainment purposes only. Last night Barry and I played $20-40 for a few hours at the Golden Nugget. After 90 minutes or so, I was up $500. I had won four pots, and I had shown NO cards. Earlier, I played $10-20 with The Babe, and I was up $120 in that game before I showed a hand, which was AA from the blind. I bet the river and a crying-call ended my little game within a game.

The mid-limit games I've played in so far in Vegas are softer on average for me than the games back home even though almost none of the players back home read poker books and it seems everyone in Vegas does. It's the limping. Which makes sense, since for me, that's what defines game softness. Limpers. It's not just the limp itself that is profitable for me. It's the profiling, and postflop play, that comes along with it.

til whenever,

Tommy

Barry
05-13-2004, 12:15 PM
Yeah I kept wondering when I'd get to see what the heck you had been 3 betting with....

It may not have actually been the 1st, but the 1st one I remember is when you 3 bet from somewhere near the button, and I folded again. The flop comes with 3 clubs, you bet all the way, you get called all the way and you very nonchalantly flip over A /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif.

Running' Good!

SinCityGuy
05-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Tommy,

It was a real pleasure meeting you in person, and I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your visit.

Clarkmeister and several other local top notch players have made similar comments on the Las Vegas games vs. the California games. Just think of it as a form of relaxation therapy on your visit.