PDA

View Full Version : I misread the Flop and now...

Brian
05-13-2004, 02:34 AM
Just sat down at this Party 3/6 table and am dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB. UTG, who I played with literally 5-6 months ago, limps UTG. He's loose, somewhat aggressive, and just plain awful. He actually gave me the worst bad beat of my life, that is how I remember him, but that is a story for another place and time. MP and LP limp along, SB folds, and I raise it up. Everyone calls. 4 to the Flop, 4bb.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet out and realize about 2 seconds later that the 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif is not the 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif that I thought it was. Whoops. EP raises, MP cold-calls, and LP calls all-in. Well, I'm not a fan of playing draws on a 3 Flush board, but the pot is already so large so I call. 4 to the Turn, 8bb.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Sweet. I lead again, and EP raises again. Rut ro raggie. MP folds and I call.

River: A /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check-call. So how bad do you think it was?

-Brian

GuyOnTilt
05-13-2004, 03:52 AM
Hey Brian,

I 3-bet the turn. He most likely has Ax with the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. If it happens to be AJo or ATo this time, then whatev. If he 4-bets the turn, then I was wrong and you can fold, but I'm reraising the turn.

GoT

Thomsen
05-13-2004, 05:11 AM
Reraising the turn and folding to a 4 bet cost the same as getting to a showdown with call, call - and you dont even have to call if the fourth spade comes up.

GoTs answer is probably correct but I would go this way a lot of times too because on 2/4 people 4 bet yopu with all kinds of shitty stuff, no reason to drop out of a big pot if you can get to the showdown at the same cost.

Brian
05-13-2004, 05:29 PM
EP had 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, but doesn't take the pot...
LP all-in had A3o.

-Brian

ddubois
05-13-2004, 05:59 PM
An advertisement for turning on 4-color?