PDA

View Full Version : possible value play

Non_Comformist
05-13-2004, 01:34 AM
I ran the following stock screen and found it interesting that I still got 14 results

Price/book value < 0.95
Cur. assets > total liabilities
curr. price >= 1
Net EPS >= 0
% held by institutions <= 60
Assets > 350 million
quartely eps > 0

Seems weird that yuo can pay less than the book value of company who has enough current assets (possible write down/off issues) to cover its debt. Especially considering it has a positive eps last year and in the most recent q. my guess would be that there are cash flow issues or some type of scandal with most

plj8624
05-13-2004, 02:54 AM
ok, I'll bite. Publish the list? I agree with your suspicions.

adios
05-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Might be justified, might not be. Market sometimes is stupid IMO so it could be worth some investment dollars.

Non_Comformist
05-14-2004, 03:11 PM
I went through the 10-k's and most seemed like they had going concerns however I did find three that I liked enough to add. The key was I took tangible assets (ie no goodwill, deferred tax asset, etc) subtracted "tangible liabilities". In all three cases the resulting amount was greater than the companies market value. Basically you get assets at about 80% their value and any possible future earnings for free.

ACAI Atalantic coast airlines, becoming flyi airlines, very risky and I believe the management is underestimating their future cash requirements but it has a huge upside with very limited downside IMO.

BMHC. Historically solid company. Possible near term questions.

CQB. Ciquita Banana Int. only 2 years of trading but appears undervalued.