PDA

View Full Version : Was I too aggressive with this KK hand?

namknils
05-12-2004, 11:05 PM
This hand came up tonight, I put my opponent on two pair after the flop, maybe a straight.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls.

Turn: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (14 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 16 BB, between SB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (16 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 9c 7c (flush, ace high).
Hero shows Kd Kc (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: SB wins 16 BB. </font>

So did I play this hand too strongly?
Thx

cold_cash
05-12-2004, 11:17 PM
After you cap the flop and he leads into you on the turn, I'm just calling.

If the boards pairs or another club comes off you get to go berzerk on the river, but I wouldn't want to get 3-bet on the turn.

Jaran
05-13-2004, 12:02 AM
I think you played every street fine. I love the cap on the flop. I hope you won. Guess I'll go look and find out /images/graemlins/grin.gif Well played.

-Jaran

namknils
05-13-2004, 10:09 AM
Thanks guys. I was thinking that raising the turn was ok because I hit my set and still had outs: 4 tens, 8 (more) clubs, and plus if the board paired or I hit my forth king is 10 more. That's 22 outs, allthough the tens weren't clean so really only 19 outs. So with a ton of outs I didn't mind the risk of getting threebet on the turn, heck I might have even capped it.

I guess I just posted this hand 'cause I lost it, but I do feel that I played it well. I just wanted to make sure I didn't make any huge mistakes that I didn't notice.

-nam