PDA

View Full Version : A few hands for review

southerndog
05-12-2004, 06:21 PM
I've really started devoting some more time to improving my play. I took a beating last night, and a big problem was how I played the flop and beyond when I missed the flop with big cards.

By the way, how awesome is Bison's converter?!?!

Here is the first hand. I'm not sure what I couldn't have done differently. I'm not sure why my opponent waited 'til the river to let me know I was behind.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls $0.50 (All-In), SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, BB calls.

River: (10 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 7 BB, between Button, Hero and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (7 BB).</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 7 BB, between Hero and MP1.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by MP1 (7 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows As Kd (one pair, aces).
MP1 shows Qs Qc (three of a kind, queens).
Button shows Td Kc (one pair, tens).
Outcome: MP1 wins 14 BB. </font>

southerndog
05-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Comments on the pre-flop raise and flop check are welcome. I'm not sure if the fact that I was running so bad scared me away from firing at the flop. I also figured in the number of opponents when I checked.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (9 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds, MP2 folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 4.50 BB, won by SB.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by SB.</font>

No showdown. SB wins 5.50 BB. </font>

southerndog
05-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Do you play this hand this way preflop? The table was shorthanded. I figured my big ace was pretty strong.

Where should I have folded? Or, should I hang in there like a little calling station?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, MP (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 8.25 BB, between BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (8.25 BB).</font>

BB shows 7h As (full house, kings full of sevens).
Hero shows Th Ac (three of a kind, kings).
Outcome: BB wins 8.25 BB. </font>

charlie_t_jr
05-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Hand #1
Everything looks pretty good, not much more you could do, except thank MP1 for playing his QQ so weakly.

southerndog
05-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Routine Fold?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero Hero A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 5.75 BB, won by Button.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB overbet by Button.</font>

No showdown. Button wins 6.75 BB.</font>

charlie_t_jr
05-12-2004, 06:46 PM
Hand #2

I would like to see some comments on the KQo raise UTG. I would've just limped here...the whole "only getting calls from dominating hands" thing.

I'd bet the flop, see what happens. Fold the turn.

Mike Gallo
05-13-2004, 08:28 AM
I'm not sure why my opponent waited 'til the river to let me know I was behind.

He allowed you to bet his hand for him. He should have raised the turn.

I'm not sure what I couldn't have done differently.

You played the hand fine.

sublime
05-13-2004, 08:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why my opponent waited 'til the river to let me know I was behind.

He allowed you to bet his hand for him. He should have raised the turn.

I'm not sure what I couldn't have done differently.

You played the hand fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

MG, where you been? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Raiser
05-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Looks good to me. A week ago I would've said to re-raise the river. But I think that was the more compulsive Raiser. MP1 is calling, calling, calling. Unless he's a complete idiot (a distinct possibility at .5/1 Party) he has to consider the possibilty that you have an Ace. My guess is that he either (a) hit his two pair on the river or (b) had you beat by a set and is dragging you along.