PDA

View Full Version : Raise or call the river?

Kluddeludde
05-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Hey! This hand came up a couple of minutes ago. I just sat down, so I don't have any read on the players.

I get dealt K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button. Three callers to me and I raise. BB and the rest call. Flop comes

K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG+1 bets out, the players between us fold and I raise. Only UTG+1 calls. The turn is

2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks, I bet, he calls. The river comes

J /images/graemlins/club.gif

He checks, I bet, he check-raises, I...

What is my move here? Should I reraise or just call him down? Any help appreciated!

Kludde

Lost Wages
05-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Most players would checkraise a turned flush. Looks more like a rivered two pair, KJ or worse. I 3 bet and vomit/call if he caps.

Lost Wages

Kluddeludde
05-13-2004, 04:23 PM
I thought for a really long time on this one. My thinking went like yours; he would have gone for the turn check-raise. However, I also thought that he must fear the spades as much as I do and it would be unlikely for him to check-raise the river without a very strong hand. Finally, I chickened out and just called. He shows A /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and drags the pot.

I'm still not sure what to do next time, though... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks for your response!

Kludde