PDA

View Full Version : bad luck or avoidable?

tolbiny
05-12-2004, 04:30 PM
30+3 sng on party, second hand of the first round, i get AKo UTG and raise 1 limper to T60.
Two cold callers and the limper comes along to. 4 see the flop with T265 in the pot.
flop comes 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.
checked to me, i check, and it gets checked around.
turn comes K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
checked to me i bet T265, both coldcallers calls, limper folds.
3 to the river for T795 chip pot.
river Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
i bet all in and get called by 2nd coldcaller who had 99 for a flopped house.

thomastem
05-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Why all in on the river? Bells should have been going of with the turn call on your pot sized raise. All you have is top pair and top kicker.

Geez if Notmitch sees this he's gonna tell me, "I told you so."

PS Check the river. Fold to a substantial bet.

thomastem
05-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Also bad check on flop.

tolbiny
05-12-2004, 04:59 PM
would you make a pot sized bet on the flop, or half pot?
also what would be your action on the turn after you hit the king (assuming 1 player called)
thanks

NotMitch
05-12-2004, 05:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why all in on the river? Bells should have been going of with the turn call on your pot sized raise. All you have is top pair and top kicker.

Geez if Notmitch sees this he's gonna tell me, "I told you so."

PS Check the river. Fold to a substantial bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW weak/tight NotMitch plays way better than LAG NotMitch. Still thinking about the other thing, will reply tonight.

thomastem
05-12-2004, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
would you make a pot sized bet on the flop, or half pot?
also what would be your action on the turn after you hit the king (assuming 1 player called)
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all early I raise 4x or 5x to clean out the garbage. A single raise mean an A-3s and several suited connectors could be coming. Unless they are crazy a 5x bet pre-flop would make a pocket 3 unlikely.

If you had done that what are you worried about on the flop. All that can be paired is a 9, most of the time this flop would miss everyone I bet the pot.

When someone calls this bells go off. Now catching your card on the turn may cost you because it looks like you caught him. The proper play here is going to lose you money but I wouldn't bet the pot I'd come back to like 4x.

The rest depends on my opponent.