PDA

View Full Version : WSOP "Featured Table"

michfan
05-12-2004, 04:15 PM
Do the pros like being at this table? I know that it gives them TV exposure, but isn't this table the hardest at the tournament as it has a higher % of top players when compared to the outlying tables.

Daliman
05-12-2004, 04:22 PM
It's still a blind draw, but i'd say that they set up around either a certain player, or whatever table has the most stars. This year, MM is sure to have wall to wall coverage, so whatever table he's on, is on. I'm thinking there will be a few more extra featured tables this year.

BettnTibetn
05-12-2004, 05:40 PM
yes definately lots more coverage of the WSOP this year...espn has announced that they are increasing to 22 hours of coverage compared to 7 or 8 hours last year

Stew
05-12-2004, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes definately lots more coverage of the WSOP this year...espn has announced that they are increasing to 22 hours of coverage compared to 7 or 8 hours last year

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but the increased coverage is to cover some of the other events. According to their schedule, they have 9 hours dedicated to the Championship Event,\

Schedule here: http://espn.go.com/eoe/wsop_schedule.html

MicroBob
05-13-2004, 05:10 AM
what everybody said.

just to clarify...ESPN does not pick who sits at what table....they find the table/s they feel is/are the most interesting and make them the featured tables.

i would think it's some good and bad for the players. they get to eventually see what cards their oppoennts had (if they thought they were making a good laydown they get to find out for sure).....but they can obviously wind up with some egg on their face if everyone sees them play a hand badly.
the guy who folded trip 7's to Hellmuth probably doesn't have a TV anymore...as his previous one was likely sledgehammered the first time he saw the show.

JalKelly
05-13-2004, 02:13 PM
the guy who folded trip 7's to Hellmuth probably doesn't have a TV anymore...as his previous one was likely sledgehammered the first time he saw the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was tony d and he had trip J's not sevens