PDA

View Full Version : To Checkraise or Not to Checkraise

Haupt_234
05-12-2004, 03:36 PM
You are at a fairly passive table with about 30%-40% seeing the flop. You are UTG+2 and are dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. There is an UTG+1 limper in front of you.

You limp as well, followed by the MP1, MP2, CO and button calling. The sb completes and bb checks.

The flop comes 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Do you bet out the flop or checkraise the flop? I have been betting out and am wondering if it is the right play.

Haupt_234

adanthar
05-12-2004, 03:54 PM
I bet. I don't want this checked through, and I really don't want to check raise only to get three bet. I also don't want everyone on the table to call 2, one at a time, and have odds to chase against my likely best but vulnerable hand. Plus, if it comes back to me for 2 bets I can turbomuck my low kicker.

pudley4
05-12-2004, 03:56 PM
Bet.

Your hand is not very strong, and is very vulnerable on this board. You would like to knock players out. Due to your position here, if you go for the checkraise, most of your opponents will only have to call one bet at a time, so they'll be more likely to stay in than if they had to call 2 cold.