PDA

View Full Version : Lurking long enough... Here are a few hands:

Dieter01
05-12-2004, 02:03 PM
Hand 1: JJ

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dieter is UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Dieter raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dieter raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Dieter calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Dieter calls.

River: (11 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, Dieter calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 13 BB, between Dieter and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by BB (13 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 6c Qd (three of a kind, sixes).
Dieter shows Js Jd (two pair, jacks and sixes).
Outcome: BB wins 13 BB. </font>

Thoughts: If I am in late position I will raise if I think I can isolate one player. If there are a few limpers already I will limp also. Then, if no overcards come on the flop I will try to isolate again. If one overcard falls I will usually bet and fold to a raise, or fold if called and bet into on the turn. That might be weak, but I am haunted by horrible memories from JJ.

But OK, enough about that... In this case I thought that raising UTG might force out some players. But noooooo. How many times does this happen when you have AA? Yet, I got lucky it seemed. No overcards, BB bets and I think I have him isolated when he raises me back. There really aren't that many cards except a 6 that he might have at that point. Or, no cards that I have beat anyways. Is it OK to call down, or should I just fold? I kind of feel that him bluffing here seems unlikely, especially when I have been so aggressive.

------------

Hand 2: KQs.

UTG+2 has been playing weird. I have caught him 3 times raising an ace, even off-suit with no kicker on every street. And he always slow-plays his good hands to the point where he makes no money from anyone.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Dieter is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, Dieter calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Dieter caps</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Dieter calls, BB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Dieter checks.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 14.50 BB, between BB, UTG+2 and Dieter.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by UTG+2 (14.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows 4h 2s (one pair, twos).
UTG+2 shows 9s 9c (one pair, nines).
Dieter shows Qc Kc (high card, ace).
Outcome: UTG+2 wins 14.50 BB. </font>

Thoughts: I was more happy to have KQ than an ace here since I was up against UTG+2. I figured him for an ace with a kicker that was on the table. The capping of the flop might seem aggressive, but I think its OK until you guys tell me otherwise. I feel pretty confident I have 15 outs at this point, a K or Q along with the flush should put me on top. Plus, capping might give me a free river card should I not hit it on the turn. I was pretty sure they would both call seing they had put two and three bets in respectively. When UTG+2 bets into me on the turn I am no longer so certain he doesn't have a set, but of course I have to call.

Festus22
05-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Hand 1
Call down or fold the turn. 50/50 play IMO.

Hand 2
3-bet preflop. I'd try to isolate this guy. The rest of the hand seems fine although cold-calling the flop 3-bet keeps you out of the spotlight and it's likely to get capped anyway.