PDA

View Full Version : K5s in the SB - FPS may be a problem

Sarge85
05-12-2004, 01:37 PM
True Poker - I think this was at the $1/$2 - but could have been $2/$4 as well. True Poker has very loose passive players.

Hero is dealt K /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB

MP 2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, I complete, BB checks

Flop comes [6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif]

I check, MP2 Checks MP3 Bets, CO calls, I call, MP2 Calls

Turn [6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif][ 3/images/graemlins/club.gif]
I Check, MP2 Cheks, MP3 Checks, CO Bets, I raise

Routine?

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Guido
05-12-2004, 01:58 PM
I fold on the flop. Small pot and you have nothing but an overcard and a backdoor flush and straight draw. I don't understand your raise on the turn either. Like you said yourself they are loose passive so do you think they will all fold? Why do you want to drive everybody out of the hand? You're not going to win it here so why not just call and hope you hit one of your 12-15 outs?

Guido

Sarge85
05-12-2004, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold on the flop. Small pot and you have nothing but an overcard and a backdoor flush and straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. For some reason I want to see where my 3 flush, and 3 straight hands go on the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand your raise on the turn either. Like you said yourself they are loose passive so do you think they will all fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there is a difference in calling just one bet, and calling two bets - even if a player is considered passive.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you want to drive everybody out of the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure I have a good answer for you here. My though was that if I'm going to count my King as an out - I need to make sure no one else is in the hand with one - perhaps KQ, or a weakly play AK, or someother King variant is in the hand. Perhaps I'm making excuses.

[ QUOTE ]
You're not going to win it here so why not just call and hope you hit one of your 12-15 outs?

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I could also have a shot of CR'ing the river if I hit. Opps /images/graemlins/smirk.gif Didn't think of that plan.

Back to cleaning up my King outs - valid?

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Guido
05-12-2004, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think there is a difference in calling just one bet, and calling two bets - even if a player is considered passive.

[/ QUOTE ]
True but I don't think the bettor isn't going to fold so a raise isn't the best option IMO. You have 12 very good outs, getting 5.5:1 with 2 players behind you, I think calling is clearly best and gets you the most when you do hit.

Guido

Homer
05-12-2004, 02:36 PM
Fold the flop. You aren't getting enough for your backdoor draws and overcard.

You raised the turn on a semi-bluff against a loose player. How often do you think this will work (serious question, throw a percentage out there)?

-- Homer

Guido
05-12-2004, 02:48 PM
Somewhere between 0-5%

Guido

Sarge85
05-12-2004, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You raised the turn on a semi-bluff against a loose player. How often do you think this will work (serious question, throw a percentage out there)?

-- Homer

[/ QUOTE ]

(Uh Oh - I'm about to get schooled... /images/graemlins/grin.gif - good I need it)

If the question is directed at if I think the CO will fold - I would say 0% (But I knew that going into the raise.)

Any other pair, probably like 30%, hell probably not even that high (this tough /images/graemlins/blush.gif)

Unmatched over cards - 80% /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Sarge /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I'm definately about to learn something here.

Sarge85
05-13-2004, 02:26 PM
I'm bumping because I thought Homer might reply to this...it looked like he was about to

Sarge /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Trix
05-13-2004, 02:30 PM
You have very close to nothing in a pot that isnīt very big.

I dont like the turn raise either as I dont think the chance that you will take it down unimproved isnīt high enough and it might lead to you trying to bluff at the river when you miss.