PDA

View Full Version : KJo in the SB

tolbiny
05-12-2004, 09:27 AM
30+3 party SNG- two hands in so the blinds are 10/15 and it is an exceptionally tough lineup so no one has busted yet /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

three limpers and i complete the SB with KJo.

flop comes
K,8,4 with 2 clubs (i have the j of clubs if you care)

I check- thoughts?
checked around to the last player who bets T50 in to a T60 chip pot.
I checkraise to T150- again, thoughts?
Lp calls, turn brings 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif
your play?

Phil Van Sexton
05-12-2004, 12:03 PM
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> I check- thoughts? </pre><hr />
I'd hate to give a free card to 3 limpers when I have top pair and a reasonable kicker.

[ QUOTE ]
I checkraise to T150- again, thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have checked in the first place, but since you did, this seems like a good play. His bet indicates a draw or a weak K or something like A8, so you likely have the best hand.

[ QUOTE ]
turn brings 5c. your play?

[/ QUOTE ]
There's 410 in the pot, and I'm guessing that you each have about 600 left. Therefore, he'll have to move all-in if he wants to take this pot from you. I don't often see good players bluff all-in at the 10/15 level. I suppose I would bet 150 again and fold if he moves in. Checking and encouraging a small bluff or weak bet would also be reasonable. If he checks also, you can then bet 150 on the river.

So what happened?

tolbiny
05-12-2004, 05:06 PM
what happened?
i bet 100 and he raised all in on the turn and i split
thanks for the reply-
my thinking on the flop was that it looked like a win a little or lose a lot situation with my position. However when it was checked around to LP i felt it likeley that i had the best hand and that i could get it heads up at the least.