PDA

View Full Version : straddlin' fun

vkotlyar
05-12-2004, 03:37 AM
good 10-20 game. Im stuck and steaming, so i staddle. I like that solution /images/graemlins/cool.gif. Solid kid to my left 3-bets, weakish guy cold calls, LAG idiot makes it 40, CO coldcalls, BB calls and I call w 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
checked to LAG, who bets. Surprisingly, both CO and BB fold. I raise. Kid folds, muttering somethin about AK, weak guy calls 20 (ouch) and LAG calls.
Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet, weak guy folds (said he had 99) and LAG calls
River: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check, and he flips up KQs. i knew i had the best hand.
Comments?

CrackerZack
05-12-2004, 11:12 AM
Last time I pulled crap like that the guy asked me why I stopped betting when I made a hand. I wasn't sure but I mumbled something about finally having showdown value. the asian kid next to me smiled and said "I thought I was the only one who pulled sh*t like that." All that said, WP'd. I wouldn't have called the extra 20 PF but when you're stuck and steaming and straddling, you're seeing the flop, so I'll look past that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

nykenny
05-20-2004, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
good 10-20 game. Im stuck and steaming, so i staddle. I like that solution /images/graemlins/cool.gif. Solid kid to my left 3-bets, weakish guy cold calls, LAG idiot makes it 40, CO coldcalls, BB calls and I call w 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif
checked to LAG, who bets. Surprisingly, both CO and BB fold. I raise. Kid folds, muttering somethin about AK, weak guy calls 20 (ouch) and LAG calls.
Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I bet, weak guy folds (said he had 99) and LAG calls
River: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I check, and he flips up KQs. i knew i had the best hand.
Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

u rock.

but how about the time i straddled 5 times in a row when i first sat down in that 10/20 game?? i not only had fun, i also artifically created my own tilt! good thing i got back the lost from online in a heart beat (literally)...

what's fun about poker if no one plays bad?

/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Kenny

Nightwish
05-20-2004, 06:09 PM
Nai ha.

Senor Choppy
05-21-2004, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have called the extra 20 PF but when you're stuck and steaming and straddling, you're seeing the flop, so I'll look past that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuck, steaming, and straddling, the triple crown of -EV poker. I'd like to get that on a t-shirt for the next time I go to Vegas.

I'm not sure if those 3 are as bad as when my former roommate was playing heads-up 10/20 on Paradise in some sort of sleepwalking state, but it's gotta be close.

astroglide
05-22-2004, 01:08 AM
i've done worse.

mike l.
05-22-2004, 01:26 AM
"i've done worse."

here's one i pulled the other night i defy any of you to top it.

i had 82o 6 handed 20-40 live game and openraise on the button. sb calls, bb folds. sb is decent aggressive can play tricky.

flop is T44. he bets, i raise, he calls.

the turn is T. he bets, i raise, he 3 bets, i 4 bet, he calls.

the river is T. he bets, i call. he flips up AT so i dont even get to chop it.

so how's that?

ACPlayer
05-22-2004, 07:24 AM
Hi pal

Looking forward to seeing you straddle in AC once I am back stateside.

After all these expenses, I am going to need the cash. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cheers