PDA

View Full Version : Something Strange Is Happening At Party

RPatterson
05-12-2004, 12:08 AM
We're 5 hands into this sit n go and no one has gotten themselves eliminated yet. Very odd.

Michael Davis
05-12-2004, 03:08 AM
You're playing at the wrong time, I think.

Moving to California has been very rough on me as far as online poker is concerned. I am convinced that the best time to play is when it is evening on the East Coast. After midnight or so Eastern, everyone goes to bed and you just have a bunch of California pros cruising the tables.

I don't think I imagining things. The games, including (especially?) SNGs get much more difficult the later it gets. Any other opinions?

-Michael

adam61
05-12-2004, 06:09 AM
In my experience games are tougher from like 2am or so all the way to 4pm or so eastern. But all still very beatable, I wouldn't consider players to all be pros at this time but the general difficulty does increase. Also I don't think it's untrue that Fri and Sat night are very very soft games. If I'm free my ROI can be super duper high some weekend nights. You have a lot of players at these times that are playing for total entertainment value only and have very little concern for ITM or ROI or how much they made or lost this month.

Hood
05-12-2004, 08:40 AM
I always find this a bit of a paradox - if they're all pros, why would they be playing at a time when there's no fish about?

thedudeoflife
05-12-2004, 10:34 AM
I played in a $10+$1 at Party the other day where all 10 starters remained for the first hand of level 5.

West
05-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Lately, it has seemed to me as if the games at all times are not as soft as they have been. I have been noticing for a while now that in the $50 SnGs that I play, more players are going deeper into the tourneys, with fewer reckless players foolishly risking their stacks early. I actually finished 4th in a tourney the other night though I made it to blinds 250/500.

Profit
05-12-2004, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I always find this a bit of a paradox - if they're all pros, why would they be playing at a time when there's no fish about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously there are always going to be fish. They are just trying to say that the ratio between the fish and better players has decreased in value.

GoSox
05-12-2004, 01:01 PM
I was almost thinking of posting something similar. The last five weeks or so I've "noticed" that the games seem to be getting a lot tougher. I even tried some $5 to see if they were still crazy and they were even tighter. No idea why, just seems like the fish quotient is dropping.

byronkincaid
05-12-2004, 01:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No idea why, just seems like the fish quotient is dropping

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they're all reading this forum.

Beavis68
05-12-2004, 02:34 PM
What I have notice in the low tourneys on party, there are many more limpers, and small raisers. Most of the folks were just raising the minimum. It is very frustrating. There were 4 limpers in the pot, this guys before just doubles the blind with his bet, I have QQ, and I go all-in, he calls me with KK.

I find the 20s to be much more fun to play.

gmunny
05-12-2004, 03:01 PM
I would agree. I play $30+3 on party and have noticed in the past month or so that there seems to be an increase in "tight" players in the earlier-mid rounds. More people fold to small medium bets. In response, I tend to play more agressively and have been taking more pots (although smaller $) without a showdown, or least it seems that way.