PDA

View Full Version : UB Reload bonus

Thythe
05-11-2004, 10:30 PM
From the UB e-mail:

To take advantage of our 25% Redeposit Bonus simply make your deposit anytime between 6PM ET May 12th & 6PM ET May 17th and we'll give you 25% of your deposit, up to $100 in Bonus Dollars.

fluff
05-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Last time they had a reload, I opened an account with them, got the bonus dollars, and have not yet played a single hand there. Every now and then, I look at the micro limit games with 30% or less seeing the flop, decide that some other place is more profitable (both in terms of bonus and in terms of fish), and leave.

But I guess if you play there anyway...

goodguy_1
05-12-2004, 12:20 AM
so true fluff.I have $831 in Pending Bonus Dollars sitting at UB becuase I find the games elsewhere so much better.But this balance has gotten so huge-it'll be $931 with this latest bonus-that the ev is just too big now- I must burn it off!!Even with this big balance i missed one or two bonus over last 4-5 months.

I still have pending bonuses at Fabulous Poker(ACR),Bugsy's Club,True Poker and William Hill(May)

youtalkfunny
05-12-2004, 01:08 AM
Found an ad that says UB will give a 100%, $100 max bonus to new players (use code "WSOP").

No, I'm not a shill.

I used the code, and signed up tonight.

Anybody know how much I have to play, before I see this bonus money?

Hung
05-12-2004, 01:54 AM
Something is wrong with UB, can't log in.

jedi
05-12-2004, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From the UB e-mail:

To take advantage of our 25% Redeposit Bonus simply make your deposit anytime between 6PM ET May 12th & 6PM ET May 17th and we'll give you 25% of your deposit, up to $100 in Bonus Dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, I was almost completely done with my bonus, but here's another one. I think this will make $800 in UB bonuses now.

Thythe
05-12-2004, 02:24 AM
Yeah I can definitely use the bonus dollars myself. Paradise is the last of the sites then to so far have no reload bonus.

JayLeno
05-12-2004, 05:44 AM
...but they gave away 250 in february!!!!
They might come with one soon anyway- looking forward to it - I LOVE pardise software!

spacemonkey57
05-12-2004, 10:17 AM
When did everybody get the email? Is there a code or do you just have to deposit? I haven't seen anything yet.

At this rate I'll be clearing UB deposit bonuses until next May.

crockpot
05-12-2004, 10:35 AM
UB's business model is terribly flawed, everyone knows that. they offer more reload bonuses than any other site, but they're bad at getting the word out about them, which means all they do is attract 2+2ers. plus the bonuses are so hard to clear at micro-limits that they don't help get the type of players UB wants anyway.

at least their freerolls have some worth now, though not much. back in the day when they would run those 2500 points freerolls, i wouldn't have given them a snowball's chance in hell of staying competitive.

MicroBob
05-12-2004, 11:16 AM
there is no code.
when you go to the deposit-page there should hopefully be one of those button-thingees to select the bonus-option.

remember though, the bonus window doesnt start until 6:00 pm tonight.
i usually give them a couple days after that though based on the number of early depositers who have difficulty getting their bonus. lol.

crock's observations are spot-on i think.
although i think they might make a little bit of a profit even on the bonuses because it is released slowly enough. so it really works out as just a really strong rake-rebate (or maybe about even perhaps??). i know crock has all those numbers worked out.

also, there have been a couple of reload periods where the play was fishy enough to tempt me into playing there a little more frequently. i would definately play there at a little bit more if their HH requests were automated and more easily transported to p-tracker.
as it stands now....i dont even bother with the UB HH's with PT....just get the re-load $$ and run.

they do some other things well...like highlighting the whole 'celebrity' thing with the hellmuth and annie duke tables, appearances online and in-person, and the articles...etc. but the HH thing continues to boggle the mind because it should be pretty simple for them to automate it.

goodguy_1
05-12-2004, 11:39 AM
hi bob:
the best way to burn UB bonuses and PokerStars' bonuses for me is to playing $2-4 and $3-6 short LHE tables and good NLHE or PLO games.
Pot averages at both are woefully smaller than "good rooms".On the latest PS bonuses I put in most of my hours at the short LHE tables but the games were not good I made all my money in the full NLHE and broke even on my short play which was annoying.

Last nite I saw decent pot averages in a full non-kill $3-6 which is unique and 1 0.25/.50 NLHE full ring game.The pot averages in most of the $2-4 and $3-6 short and full games and 0.50/1.00 NLHE and $1-2 NLHE and a 0.50/1.00 PLO game were all very sedate.

We do need to remember that UB doesnt include uncalled river/turn ? bets in their pot averages compared to Party who does----Is that still correct guys??? right?
Party still pumps up pot averages with bogus stats ? compared to other sites that only used "called bets" into the computation of the pot average.

In other words to burn off this cheese I gotta put in some major hours at UB short LHE games-UB needs another prop dont they-heh.

crockpot
05-12-2004, 01:31 PM
if you look at how their bonus release is structured, it's designed to practically ensure that you can't take more in bonus than you contribute in rake. i'm no businessman, but i think they would be better off using a system more friendly to the low-limit players, especially those at the $25 NL/PL/PLO tables, where you typically earn .1 to .25 points per hand.

what's most scary about UB is that their 10/20 game is 'juicy' far more often than 2/4 or 3/6 ever get. i guess this is good for those of us with a bankroll, but it's clear the site needs help sustaining good action at low limits.

spacemonkey57
05-12-2004, 02:01 PM
If I pulled out 250 this morning do you think they'll let me redeposit $400 to get the full bonus?

Lost Wages
05-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Absolutely. You can even withdraw after the bonus period has started and redeposit. You can also withdraw whatever of your money that you want after your deposit without losing the pending bonus.

Lost Wages

spacemonkey57
05-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Thanks. Looks like I'll be clearing $180 worth of bonus dollars for the rest of my natural life at .25-.50. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

goodguy_1
05-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Cuurently I have over $12K online 66% on Party/Party skins and Crypto Skins all the other cash is spread out among a ridiculous number of rooms.23 Rooms in all.In general I am pussy and dont grind games higher than $5-10.

Crock as always makes a good point. UB low-limit action really does suck.It's too bad too because the software is super fast.Da fishies just dont propagate at these levels where pots are $20-$60 not like they do at so many other rooms.The dead-money qoutient is much lower at UB than other big rooms.

AAmaz0n
05-12-2004, 03:15 PM
I've found that the key to clearing these bonuses is to start tables. If you are first or second to sit down they double the bonus points that you earn. It makes the clearing process go a lot faster.

I really like the site. The tables are not ultra loose, but it is the place where me BB/100 is actually the highest. Maybe it just suits my game better.

Shauna

Hirez
05-12-2004, 04:02 PM
I never even notice the UB bonuses in my account because you only get it a few dollars at a time (unless you're playing like 3tables for 8hours straight) then you'll get it all when you leave.

but for the casual player, you get a few bucks at a time and its not really noticeable

HavanaBanana
05-12-2004, 04:06 PM
I held off the longest time playing UB, as I did not want to play at a site that Phil Helmuth was behind.
But then tried once, don't remember why, depositbonus perhaps.
I think I have won money every time(I have gone bonuswhoring), the games are pretty tight, but weak too, which is the main reason I win, maybe you too AA.

UB has the highest rake around in the limits I play, so I stay away from there when they arent giving out deposit bonuses, if they werent so greedy, maybe they would have more players.

ToT

namknils
05-12-2004, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
remember though, the bonus window doesnt start until 6:00 pm tonight.
i usually give them a couple days after that though based on the number of early depositers who have difficulty getting their bonus. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, guess what? I just deposited the $400 and my account was not credited with the bonus. /images/graemlins/mad.gif An email has already been sent.

goodguy_1
05-12-2004, 09:04 PM
like a dumbass I deposited before the promo begin late last nite.I emailed UB and in 5 minutes at most they emailed me back and applied the bonus to my account.

The bonuses should go into effect immediately from the time they send out the emails-this would save UB customer service alot of hassle.

namknils
05-12-2004, 09:12 PM
My problem has already been fixed. It took them less than 15 minutes and was no hassle.

Now if the games were any good I'd be able to clear that bonus sometime. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

NoChance
05-12-2004, 09:57 PM
Same thing happened to me namkils. I also emailed support and it was taken care of in less than 15 minutes.

hudat
05-12-2004, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, guess what? I just deposited the $400 and my account was not credited with the bonus. /images/graemlins/mad.gif An email has already been sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same thing happen to me, sent them an email and get this, I got a response within 10 min. Has to be some sort of UB record..

kdog
05-12-2004, 10:20 PM
No email and no bonus popup for me. Anyone gotten the bonus without either? UB's bonuses are usually for everyone, email received or not but I don't see anything on the site about it so I'm not sure this time.

Jim Kuhn
05-12-2004, 10:28 PM
Did you go to the deposit screen? Usually there is a check box on this screen.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

NoChance
05-12-2004, 10:49 PM
I didnt see it in the lobby but if you go to their website, it's listed under promotions.

Also, there was no checkbox when I made my deposit. I didn't get an email either. Just make the deposit, and if the bonus does not show, contact support. They are quick tonight.

csuf_gambler
05-13-2004, 01:58 AM
no check box this time, made deposit, no bonus, emailed ub, waiting for reply

MicroBob
05-13-2004, 02:10 AM
this must be the 4th or 5th time (at least) that UB has seemingly not been prepared for the beginning of their bonus.

it is truly amazing that they seem to be caught by surprise almost every time by their own promotions.

the quick responses to everyone's e-mails is somewhat impressive....so someone there knows what is going on. but how hard can it be to set up the auto-mated bonus.

it really appears as though there is one side of UB that just doesn't communicate with the other side.
actually, it sometimes seems like there are around 10 different perspectives and maybe a couple of them have a quick convo in the hallway every once in awhile.

'why didn't you tell me we were having a bonus'
'i thought jim was going to tell you'
'nope...jim didnt tell me'
'maybe that policy that forbis memos to each other wasn't such a great idea after all'

HavanaBanana
05-13-2004, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this must be the 4th or 5th time (at least) that UB has seemingly not been prepared for the beginning of their bonus.

it is truly amazing that they seem to be caught by surprise almost every time by their own promotions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing yes, but I wasn't surprised when I had to email them to get the announced promo, pisses me off to do extra work because they aren't on the ball.

crockpot
05-13-2004, 01:24 PM
depending on your scruples, you can often get a second bonus if you had to email support for your first one, by just depositing again once they've fixed whatever the problem was. the software won't recognize you've deposited already.

spacemonkey57
05-13-2004, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
depending on your scruples, you can often get a second bonus if you had to email support for your first one, by just depositing again once they've fixed whatever the problem was. the software won't recognize you've deposited already.

[/ QUOTE ]

They still haven't fixed it. I just had to email support to get my bonus for my deposit this morning.

AAmaz0n
05-13-2004, 05:59 PM
I just tried it, and the radio bonus button came up. The bonus dollars showed up with no problem, so I think that it's working ok now.

Shauna

El Barto
05-14-2004, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no check box this time, made deposit, no bonus, emailed ub, waiting for reply

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no check box, couldn't find the bonus on the Promotions page.

Has anyone been denied the bonus? or has everyone who sent the email, got the bonus too?

edit: dooh, found bonus on the website.

LLAMA
05-14-2004, 08:26 AM
When do you see this button? After you click submit to the amount you want to deposit or should I be seeing it before that?

ChristinaB
05-14-2004, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When do you see this button? After you click submit to the amount you want to deposit or should I be seeing it before that?

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't see the bonus button until after the first submit button was clicked. Then you have to click submit again.

MicroBob
05-14-2004, 11:30 PM
nope - the bonus button seems to have been taken away again. strange that it would be up one day and then taken down the next.

i just deposited 20 minutes ago and no bonus received yet. have fired off my customary e-mail to ub.

so much for my strategy of waiting to deposit so as to avoid the hassle!! lol.

oh well, still looking forward to a few hours of rake-free play on ub (which is the approach i take for these bonuses).

also looking forward to checking out the new color scheme and button arrangement that everyone has been talking about.

JTrout
05-15-2004, 02:41 AM
Check Crockpot's post on this matter. Then check your scruples. Then double up. It works. Thanks Crock.