PDA

View Full Version : Raising a LAG w/ A-high on paired turn

Saborion
05-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 is a LAG, I think. Play a lot of hands, and open-raise 80 % of the times. Bluff a lot HU. Bet 66 into PFR + 3 limpers on a JKK board.

No read on the SB.

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>...

Haupt_234
05-11-2004, 10:17 PM
He might be LAG, but you can't beat him even if he holds a 6. I fold on the turn since you are unimproved.

Haupt_234

James Boston
05-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Here's my only problem with it. If this guy has any piece of that board, he's probably not going to let go of his hand. If this guy is so reckless that ace high could win, then the play might be alright. I'll leave that judgement to you. But if he's the type who will represent the queen, while only holding a 6, you're still behind. Players who love to bluff are also hard to bluff. I generally avoid counting on ace high to win.

Saborion
05-11-2004, 11:39 PM
I was VERY confident he didn't have a Q since he didn't bet the flop. Most likely not a T either. Even if he has a T, I have 4 clean outs + another 6 most likely clean outs. This + the potential bluff from him at this point. The pot is offering me 6:1, so I sort of have to play imo, meaning that the raise should be the best option, trying to make the SB fold, and maybe even MP1.