PDA

View Full Version : AKs -- would appreciate comments

Greg J
05-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Thanks to Bison for this neato converter

Please comment on how you think I played this one.

Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Greg

Paradise Poker 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Flop: (11 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 22 BB, between Hero, Button and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (22 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Kd Js (two pair, kings and queens).
Hero shows Ac Kc (two pair, kings and queens).
Button shows 4c Qh (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: Button wins 22 BB. </font>

cold_cash
05-11-2004, 09:08 PM
The small blind betting out the turn really sucks. I think I probably would have folded it there, rather then get trapped in-between.

Why did you bet the river?

blackaces13
05-11-2004, 09:12 PM
How can you bet this river??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I can sympathize with the turn call although that would be the spot to fold unless the button was a maniac.

Its hard to let go of AK when an A or K hits but learning to do so when someone is practically screaming they have you beat is a valuable skill.

Greg J
05-11-2004, 09:15 PM
both good points.

I should not have bet the river, esp when i suspected a queen.

as for not folding -- i thought i was getting good pot odds.

cold_cash
05-11-2004, 09:23 PM
If you're behind to a Queen you only have the two remaining Kings as outs.

RED_RAIN
05-12-2004, 04:27 AM
When the SB bets out on that turn after being 3 bet on the flop consider your hand not coming back. You can try for your 2 outter full house which you don't have odds. You are either losing to a queen or flush by this point. Just fold after a bet. And when you did get to river...don't ever bet after that much action with just a pair.