PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Monitors

amerksmann22
05-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Does anyone know of a good site that gives a lot of information about multiple displays and how to manage them and set them up and so forth.

Inthacup
05-11-2004, 08:37 PM
I don't know of any sites, but I've done it myself and could probably answer most of your questions.

Do you have a graphics card that supports dual monitors?

Cup

amerksmann22
05-11-2004, 08:39 PM
No but I want to get some information b4 I buy a new graphics card and see what people think of it for multing and so you can see PT all at the same time.

I guess my main question if you have done it would be is it worth it and how hard is it to manage and set-up?!

Inthacup
05-11-2004, 08:49 PM
First, I would highly recommend it. It makes multi-tasking so much easier. Right now, I'm typing on 2+2 while playing 4 tables on Party. My main monitor is a 20.1" that supports 1600x1200 resolution, which is a must for anyone that wants to multi-table. The extra monitor(s)help a great deal because you don't ever have a window over the tables you're playing.

Second, setting it up is not very difficult. It does involve you taking out your current video card and putting in a new one. As long as you don't mind doing that, it's a piece of cake.

Once you set it up in your display properties, the settings are saved on your computer and you don't have to do any regular maintenance.

IMO, the long-term benefits greatly exceed the short-term hassle it takes to set up.

Cup

kdog
05-11-2004, 10:11 PM
http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/

AA suited
05-11-2004, 11:14 PM
i play one table upper left hand corner, the other on lower right. there's just enuf space for both hand info screens.

i suppose at 1600x1280, you can have 4 tables at a time, but i'm not up to there yet. it was difficult enuf when i saw both tables to the river.

jaybird
05-12-2004, 01:14 AM
I also use UltraMon. It is a must for multi monitor users!

amerksmann22
05-12-2004, 12:44 PM
UltraMon...can you go into more detail about what this is?

I will look it up on Yahoo! and such but I have never heard of UltraMon.