PDA

View Full Version : Still too weak here...raise back on river?

RED_RAIN
05-11-2004, 08:12 PM
After looking at this hand...should I really only be afraid of one set...the pocket 6s? The others would have been misplayed preflop.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, Button calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (24.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 27.75 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 27.75 BB, between Button, BB and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (27.75 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Jd Ac (two pair, aces and jacks).
Hero shows 5d 5h (three of a kind, fives).
Button shows Jh Ah (two pair, aces and jacks).
Outcome: Hero wins 27.75 BB. </font>

illunious
05-11-2004, 09:56 PM
I think raising or calling the river are both good options. I really can't decide if one is better than the other.

B Dids
05-11-2004, 10:01 PM
3-bet that flop. He didn't limp with JJ and there's a ton of hands that raise here that you beat. If you think he's got 66, you have to raise to find out.

I bet this all the way. The hands that beat you in this spot don't limp preflop. To me, all you fear is 66 and I take that chance.

RED_RAIN
05-11-2004, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3-bet that flop. He didn't limp with JJ and there's a ton of hands that raise here that you beat. If you think he's got 66, you have to raise to find out.

I bet this all the way. The hands that beat you in this spot don't limp preflop. To me, all you fear is 66 and I take that chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I didn't 3 bet this was, one I'm not gonna push out any flush drawers, and two, since he is in front of me...I want to raise him on the turn to get more money. If I 3 bet him he may not bet into me on the turn thus lower net money. I think the river is where I question the most, and well not while I have more time to look at it, I do think pocket 6s is the only hand I can worry about. And they will not have that than they will.