PDA

View Full Version : WSOP sat. move

Chizzle
05-11-2004, 07:47 PM
$175 NLHE single table satellite. 4 handed with blinds at 200-400, T10000 in play and we all have almost exactly the same number of chips.

On the button with 44, utg folds, I figure there's a great chance for me to steal the blinds here, against one very weak tight player in the BB and a guy I have a good read on in the SB, so I make it a straight 1k. Question one: with this being 40% of my stack, should I just go all in instead?

The SB asks me how much I have left, I tell him and he says "well, that's enough for me to call" and tosses the chips in. BB mucks it.

We're both staring at each other trying to get a read when the flop comes. Neither of us look at it, and I say I'm not looking at it first. But I take a quick glance anyway and see AQJr. What's the best reaction here?

Chiz

NotMitch
05-11-2004, 07:54 PM
With less than 10x BB its mostly all in or fold time. I would be overjoyed at that flop since if you push he has hard time calling with something like 99. But FWIW I think he has a monster here.

Chizzle
05-11-2004, 08:42 PM
After seeing that flop I instantly pushed all in out of turn. He said he hit that flop, and I said I believed him, that he wouldn't have called me with something that didn't hit that flop. He mucked Q9o face up I showed him the 44.

NotMitch
05-11-2004, 09:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After seeing that flop I instantly pushed all in out of turn. He said he hit that flop, and I said I believed him, that he wouldn't have called me with something that didn't hit that flop. He mucked Q9o face up I showed him the 44.

[/ QUOTE ]

Search the multi table tourney forum for stop and go and you should find some really good information related the that situation. Good move with the all in, I dont think you have much choice.