PDA

View Full Version : Two strange hands, ATo and 66

Guido
05-11-2004, 07:46 PM
<font color="blue"> Hand 1 </font>

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Guido is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $4. UTG+1 posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Normally I would call in this position but because of the posters and the blinds I raised this time.

Flop: (15.33 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, SB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 calls.

I raised this time to get all the overcards out and perhaps a free card.

Turn: (10.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls.

I bet because the pot is big and I can perhaps win it right here.

River: (12.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
MP3 checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, MP3 folds.

I put him on a flush draw and I'm not going to win if he has a small pair of course so I bet out again.

Final Pot: 13.66 BB

<font color="blue"> Hand 2 </font>

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Guido is MP1 with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Guido calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Guido calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Guido calls.

Flop: (20.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido raises</font>, MP3 folds, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 11.66 BB

What do you think about these two hands?

Thanks,

Guido

Trix
05-11-2004, 08:34 PM
I just call flop in hand one and fold turn unimproved as I only think few of my outs are good here on average.
I check behind on the river too as I usually get called by any pair.

I think I like the flop raise in hand two. It wont have to win you the hand very often in order to be good.

Alobar
05-12-2004, 02:00 AM
hand 1: I call the flop and fold the turn unless I pick something up. I think the turn bet is really bad. You said it yourself, the pot is big, chances are they arnt going anywhere, I don't see you winning it enough to justify it. You paid for the free card on the flop, take it. On the river you've already got a busted draw beat, and you'll get called by any pair, save the bet and check behind

hand2: I like, its a scary board and I think you'll win often enough the times that your up against overcards instead of an overpair that it will pay off. The question is what do you do if you get a called and a face card comes off on the turn? a blank?

Guido
05-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Depends on who called. If it was the bettor I will fire again if somebody else is still in the hand I'm done with it (unless of course a 6 falls).

Guido