PDA

View Full Version : 13,000 SnG Hands

Benal
05-11-2004, 07:22 PM
This is my first post, although I've been lurking for months. Here are my Poker Tracker stats for 10+1 Party SnGs. Any opinions are appreciated.

Total Hands: 13,020

Vol. Put $ In Pot: 22.28%
Vol. Put $ In From SB: 39.42%

Saw Flop All Hands: 26.01%
Saw Flop Not A Blind: 15.27%

Folded SB To Steal: 86.31%
Folded BB To Steal: 59.48%
Fold BB To Steal HU: 53.65%

Att. To Steal Blinds: 23.48%

Steal Success - No Flop: 46.26% Fold: 5.95% Ww/oSD: 56.43% WSD: 37.62% W$SD: 56.12%

Won $ When Saw Flop: 37.66%

Went To Showdown: 43.74%
Won $ At SD: 51.45%

Raised Pre-Flop: 10.26%

Aggression Factor = 1.02 or 1.74 when excluding PF #s

ThaSaltCracka
05-11-2004, 07:55 PM
some observations... I don't know how much this will help.

Try seeing less flops. I try to be around 16-19% flops seen. Maybe you are giving away to many chips there.

You seem to be seeing to many show downs. You need to learn to lay down cards. This may have something to do with all the flops you see. Maybe you are catching to much with marginal hands and you see them down to much.

Which brings me to showdowns won. You are only winning 50% of your showdowns. This is way to low. You want to be atleast at 75% or above for showdowns one. This leads me to believe you are playing to many hands and calling when you should be folding.

My advice, be more selective with your preflop cards. Pay attention to posisition more, and the activity in front of you.

How would you describe your play?

BTW, lurk less and post more(we don't bite), maybe we can try to see if you are doing anything wrong(hopefully not though /images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Hope it helps. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

codewarrior
05-11-2004, 08:02 PM
I agree that you may be seeing too many flops, but only if you are also seeing too many showdowns, as your stats. seem to indicate. What jumped out at me is that you may be playing too passively HU.

Tighter and more aggressive may be the key for you. I personally am working on *not* being so aggressive and letting people catch up a little to draw them in deeper.

code

DrPublo
05-11-2004, 10:24 PM
Is there any value to looking at _all_ your SnG hands together, since those span the range of full ring game to heads up. Isn't it better to analyze your numbers by limits (so 15/30 on PP would presumably be 9 or 10 players) or simply by players remaining?

The Doc

Pitcher
05-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Hi Salta,

[ QUOTE ]
Which brings me to showdowns won. You are only winning 50% of your showdowns. This is way to low. You want to be atleast at 75% or above for showdowns one. This leads me to believe you are playing to many hands and calling when you should be folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really winning 75% of your showdowns? If you are, I am majorly impressed. I don't know a single player that I have played against in more than one or two tournaments that is anywhere close to that. I would be fine with 60%, and would think I am not calling enough or playing too tight if it were a lot higher than that. I would like to hear other players' input on this.

Pitcher

ThaSaltCracka
05-11-2004, 11:15 PM
Pitcher,
I by no means consider myself an expert poker player, but I probably win on average 70-80% of my showdowns. But, I only win maybe 3-4 showdowns a SnG. Thats more because of my style of play. I still think winning atleast 65% of your showdowns is attainable and in fact fairly easy to be at.