PDA

View Full Version : frustratiing hands in the euro 2+2

Profit
05-11-2004, 05:25 PM
I'm Dealt AQ, one caller to me, i raise 3x to 150. Sb calls, original caller calls.

Flop comes 2 8 4 with two diamonds, checked to me, i bet 300. SB folds, original caller calls. Turn is my queen, no diamond. i bet 1000, and get called. now i know i am beat. The river brings a 4. he goes all in for 110, i call. He had 88 and i did all the work.

Was my 1000 bet way out of line?

Second hand that got me into trouble, at the final table, i have 2100 chips, bb is 200. I raise to 600 with AK. Folded to the BB who is chip leader with 5660 chips.

Flop comes q 9 6 rainbow. He checks, i try to steal. i have 1500 chips left, i bet 1,000. He calls. Turn is another 9. we both check. River is a 7, we both check. I had no idea what to do here. i had to figure that he would call my remaining 500 or so with any pair, thats why i checked.

He ended up have A6 for lowest flopped pair. THis is one of the first hands i played with this guy. I can't believe he called with just a 6 (the flop bet). I really didnt think this guy was going to check raise me with queens at all.

Overall i felt i made some aggressive moves, only one paid off, which is a little uncharacteristic for me.

byronkincaid
05-11-2004, 05:50 PM
AQ. I'm limping more often with it now which is no doubt wrong but it gets me into trouble if the flop doesn't hit me cos I feel, like you did that I have to bet the flop if I raised. I play at party with 800 starting chips and this can kill you off. I am trying to stop this leak in my game where I go out bluffing.

For example, I am down to the last 16 in a WSOP sat. Top 10 go to Vegas. Doing OKish about 30K chips if I remember rightly. Get AQ and raise. Bet the flop and turn and go all in with Ace High. Go out 16th very depressed.

However you can't win many SnGs without a couple of little bluffs so what do I know, Aggression is good.

Second hand I'd have been all in, but I love pushing in with AK cos I read it's a good thing to do in TPFAP /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sheriff Fatman
05-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Hi Profit

Hand 1 - these are the sort of hands that have been driving me mad in recent weeks. The flat calls are signs of either a bad player or a very big hand. I think in this case there's enough info to say big hand after the flop. I'd be worried by then as he's already called a pre-flop raise and isn't going away. Basically, he can't make a mistake after your turn bet (although why he didn't raise the other T110 I don't know).

One comment, your flop bet looks kind of weak compared to the pot size. You weren't getting rid of the guy here with a set but a bet of that size might get a few drawing hands staying in in other situations.

Hand 2 - Not sure what your position is at the start of the hand but I think its feasible for the opponent to believe the flop missed you if he put you on a steal. I think he's also trying to send a message to the table not to steal his blinds (which he can afford to do) and, with a piece of the flop and an overcard he's got outs if he's behind to top pair.

Your T1000 bet commits you to the hand so if you're going to bet strong you need to push all-in. Personally I don't like it against the chip leader. Ironically, if I were him, I'd be more suspicious of a weaker bet here as it would look more like a trapping play. T1000 from a stack of T1500 looks very much like 'I want to look strong but I want to keep some chips back just in case.'

Sheriff