PDA

View Full Version : Poker Book Discussion/Study Group (xPost)

jasonHoldEm
05-11-2004, 05:25 PM
xPosted in Books & Software and Internet Gambling

Hey guys,

Within the last month or so there was a study group that formed to discuss Ciaffone's PL/NL book. I'm looking to start something on a more permanent basis, a group of players who want to really dig into the literature and study it.

If you are interested in particpating I created a discussion board at my website. (http://pokerodyssey.com/v-web/bulletin/bb/index.php )

Things are just getting started, but right now I plan to create a seperate forum for each book where players can post their thoughts on the material. Right now I've started forums for TOP, HPFAP, and Internet Texas Hold'em (hilger). I'll add more as needed.

Would love to get some of the more veteran posters involved.

Peace,
Jason

JoeU
05-12-2004, 11:44 AM
Jason,

I applaud your effort! This was a great idea and I'm suprised no one else has thought of this before. I'm actually looking forward to re-starting my TOP and posting thoughts on those threads.

Very nice job coming up with that.

Joe

namknils
05-12-2004, 11:55 AM
This is an great idea. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm not sure that I'll be able to participate though as my increased playing has lead to a decrease in studying, but obviously this is something that I/all of us should make an effort to participate in.

jasonHoldEm
05-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to it as well.

I made an "executive decision" and decided we will be starting with TOP. I did this mainly because we're a small group at the moment and this will keep everyone focused on one area and (hopefully) foster some discussion rather than have everyone branching out on their own.

Anyone interested in some TOP study please come on over. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jHE

bonanz
05-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Love the idea jason I'll be over and posting shortly.

cheers!

bonanz

ps how was your move? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

jasonHoldEm
05-12-2004, 03:04 PM
hi bonanz,

The move went well although it's resulted in some slacking off on my part for the last month. Things are finally coming together now and I'm back on track, the forums are going to help me stay focused.

Thanks,
J

Moyer
05-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Awesome idea Jason.