PDA

View Full Version : Strategy guide for small stakes Hold'em?

AA suited
05-11-2004, 03:24 PM
Anyone have a link to good guides on how to play low limit 10player and 6 player hold'em?

bdk3clash
05-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Nothing like a FAQ or anything like that, but most here recommend the same books over and over, including "Winning Low Limit Hold'em" by Lee Jones, "Hold'em Poker" by David Sklansky, "Theory of Poker" by Sklansky, and "Hold'em for Advanced Players" by Sklansky, probably in something close to that order.

For some reason, people here seem to really like books by that "Sklansky" character...

Mike Gallo
05-11-2004, 03:47 PM
Anyone have a link to good guides on how to play low limit 10player and 6 player hold'em?

Welcome aboard.

Post this in the Books/Software forum.

I have a feeling you might take some abuse for this post.

Goon2
05-11-2004, 04:11 PM
The book by Lee Jones is superb.

bdk3clash
05-11-2004, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling you might take some abuse for this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. He didn't say that online poker is rigged or advocate limping with AA.

arkady
05-11-2004, 04:28 PM
But he does prefer suited aces, so I am suspicious.

naphand
05-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Try this link, and spend some time browsing the pages back a few months:

The Best Guide Available (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/ubbthreads.php)

Make the effort to find what you need, and then post hands here for others to review.

bernie
05-11-2004, 09:04 PM
I hear twoplustwo.com has some great stuff on it. Ya oughtta check it out. It's rumoured that they post hands in all types of textured tables from all types of limits and go through the plays with a fine toothed comb.

b

Clarkmeister
05-11-2004, 09:15 PM
Be prepared for Small Stakes Holdem by Noted Poker Authority Ed Miller

Mike Gallo
05-11-2004, 10:20 PM
Noted Poker Authority Ed Miller

Did Ulysses start this or did you?

In Ulysses's trip report he refers to Poker Authority Ed Miller roughly a dozen times.

Does somebody get a quarter you say Poker Authority Ed Miller? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ed Miller
05-12-2004, 10:05 AM
Does somebody get a quarter you say Poker Authority Ed Miller?

I have demanded it of my underlings.

AceHigh
05-12-2004, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So Clarkmeister is an underling? Very interesting.

Seriously, do you plan on giving us a preview of the book or posting any excerpts or anything?

jedi
05-12-2004, 12:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Seriously, do you plan on giving us a preview of the book or posting any excerpts or anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think going through his old posts will be a pretty good preview of his book.

Ed Miller
05-12-2004, 09:14 PM

I'm not in charge of that, Mason is. I think he plans to post some excerpts as publishing time draws closer, but I'm not sure.

Clarkmeister
05-12-2004, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its all part of the hype leading up to my forthcoming book: Ed Miller is my Bitch.

AceHigh
05-12-2004, 10:15 PM
LMAO

Mike Gallo
05-12-2004, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its all part of the hype leading up to my forthcoming book: Ed Miller is my Bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah hem, it should read... Noted Poker Authority Ed Miller is my bitch /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Clarkmeister
05-12-2004, 10:53 PM
I had the title picked months ago. Too late to change it now. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

tripdad
05-13-2004, 11:46 AM
2:1 the book is just a collection of posts, replies, etc...with plagiarism abound. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

cheers!

tripdad
05-13-2004, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not in charge of that, Mason is. I think he plans to post some excerpts as publishing time draws closer, but I'm not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

hello in there...you wrote it! sound off like you got a pair already.

cheers!