PDA

View Full Version : Canterbury fish kick my ass last night

whiskeytown
05-11-2004, 02:57 PM
feeling bored, tired of playing in the apt, so I take 200 and go sit in the 6/12 game at Canterbury on a Mon. night - table 7 - ready to play tight and take the money -

I got creamed - lost $180 - and would have lost my last $12 but I figured why pay off to see an A -

it was a combination of horrible cards (only 2 raising hands I had in over 100 hands was KK in the BB and AK which lost to a flopped set of 9's - and I only dragged 4 pots - one of which was the KK, the other 3 were semi-bluff's/bets on the turn for small pots. - I think the question with those cards (lots of 2/5) was not whether or not I was gonna lose, but how much.

Then in seat 4, this loose cannon comes in (sits down, straddles, and rivers trips for a monster pot) - over the course of 2 hours, I saw him drag pots with 2/4 and 2/5 suited (he said he was on the button, so it was excusable) - and I'd swear he had QUADRUPLED his pile of chips to almost $800 when I left at 10pm...everybody kept rolling their eyes and licking their chops, but no one got a shot to really take the money from him.

bad cards + fish on a heater = no luck for the Whiskeytown....ugh.

RB

bdk3clash
05-11-2004, 03:12 PM
We all have sessions like this. For those of us that play live infrequently, like me, it's important to keep in mind that session results are irrelevant, unpredictable, and incredibly streaky. Each hand is its own animal; the cards don't know how you've been doing.

Also, $200 is a short buyin (16.5 BB or so) for a 6-12 game. I tend to buy in for at least 25 BB, and most of the time more than that.

Sitting down ready to "play tight and take the money" isn't really what limit HE is all about. Just play well and try to minimize your own mistakes; positive results will follow in the long-term, which means the long term.

Edge34
05-11-2004, 03:21 PM
You just perfectly described my session there on Saturday night. Similar loose cannon, similar semi-cold cards, similar way of losing with the good ones. One long game though, right?

Chris Daddy Cool
05-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Dude, its poker.

bdk3clash
05-11-2004, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, its poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truer words were never spoken. A -15 BB session isn't even worth thinking about. I've lost much more and slept like a baby.

MRBAA
05-11-2004, 07:36 PM
What? Up every hour crying?

bdk3clash
05-11-2004, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What? Up every hour crying?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ba-dum-bump.

(OK, I deserved that.)

bicyclekick
05-16-2004, 03:47 PM
That's nothin. Not to start a "mine is bigger then yours" fight, but I dropped 650 at 6/12 a week ago. 13 hours of situations simliar to yours.

Happens though. I booked a nice win the next time in.