PDA

View Full Version : GC wants to send a Zoo rep to the GC WPC - anyone interested?

Gaming Club
05-11-2004, 11:44 AM
Given the feedback on this topic thus far (see here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=675729&page=1&view=co llapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1) for the most recent thread, including a response to Stagemusic's question about the EV of this idea), here's what we're proposing:

Two SnG's (open only to pre-registered Zoo players) will run continuously (i.e. start whenever they fill up):
one 10-seater priced at $25+$0
one 5-seater priced at $50+$0

The tables will continue to run until $10k in buy-ins has been collected. If the $10k mark is reached by June 13th, then we'll hold a multi-table event for the 40 SnG winners on June 14th, and the winner of this event will get a seat at the WPC.

If $10k isn't reached by June 13th then we'll leave the tables open until such time as the $10k is reached, and an alternative event will be chosen.

If there is a total lack of interest and it's clear after (say) 2 weeks that nowhere near $10k in buy-ins is going to materialize then we'll pay out the winners of the individual SnG's according the standard SnG payout schedule.

To recap, the prizes will be as follows:
Winner of each SnG will get his/her buy-in (i.e. either $25 or $40) back
Each winner goes forward to the final multi-table event (40 seats)
Winner of the final event gets a seat at the GC WPC ($12k value - see here (http://www.gamingclubpoker.com/promo/worldpokerchampionship/index.asp)) + $1k cash

The losing final event players will share in the winnings, if any, of the Zoo player at the GC WPC as follows (assuming there is broad agreement that these percentages make sense):

2nd place at final table: 8%
3rd place: 5%
4th place: 2%
5th - 40th: 0.5%
total Zoo share: 33%

So is this attractive enough to run with, or should we can the whole idea?

HavanaBanana
05-11-2004, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Winner of each SnG will get his/her buy-in (i.e. either $25 or $40) back

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you mean 25 and 50$ back for the 10 and 5 player SnG's?
In that case the 10 player Sng generates 225$ and the 50$ 5 player Sng generates 200$, this is not equal.

Also, I would like the Zoo share to be 50%, if I won this tourney it would be a pleasure to share half with the other Zoo-contestants. 8% for 2nd 4% for 3rd 2% for 4th and 1% to the field. (all payable to TGC account)

Another thing is that I am long awaiting a deposit bonus on TGC, good time to run that promotion now, so I can deposit some money there /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ToT

Gamblor
05-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Do we have to wear Zoo hats and jackets?

I'd rather not be associated with daryn.

Homer
05-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Do we have to wear Zoo hats and jackets?

You have two options:

Item #1 (http://www.zazzle.com/products/product/product.asp?general%5Frecs%5Fper%5Fpage=48&searchi ng=on&searching%5Fsearch%5Fcolumns=%2A&searching%5 Fsearch%5Fcondition=zoo&caching=on&product%5Fid=23 5775208544160735&index=18) <Looks best in the Basic Raglan (White/Black)>

Item #2 (http://www.zazzle.com/products/product/product.asp?general%5Frecs%5Fper%5Fpage=48&searchi ng=on&searching%5Fsearch%5Fcolumns=%2A&searching%5 Fsearch%5Fcondition=zoo&caching=on&product%5Fid=23 5494264012635972&index=19) <Looks best in the Basic Ringer (Grey/Red)>

ZOO!!!!

-- Homer

harboral
05-11-2004, 03:55 PM
I love the idea of a small group of players going for a seat at a major - count me in! I have no problem with the SnG's - but since there is a small number that will be playing, we all might have to agree that they will go most likely at a certain time, otherwise I can see myself sitting alone at a SnG table for many hours............I think the 33% is just right, 25% would be fine - I would not be interested in playing at a 50% refund to the other 9 table winners, that is too much. AL

Mike Haven
05-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Two SnG's (open only to pre-registered Zoo players) will run continuously (i.e. start whenever they fill up)

Perhaps if you opened the tables at 8.00pmEST and closed them, (if not playing /images/graemlins/tongue.gif), at midnight, this would give focus, and increase the chances that someone wouldn't be sitting alone for twelve hours?

Gamblor
05-11-2004, 04:30 PM
AFDB (http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html)

Slacker13
05-11-2004, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps if you opened the tables at 8.00pmEST and closed them, (if not playing ), at midnight, this would give focus, and increase the chances that someone wouldn't be sitting alone for twelve hours?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with Mike Haven here.

I personally think this sounds great. Your getting a seat, travel, accommodations, and spending money and also the participants get to share in the prize pool.
This is a great way to send a Zoo member to a major tourney and possibly share the wealth. Hell, how many sats have people on this forum played, lost, and sent someone we don't know or even care about to a major event? This is a chance to send one of our own.
I for one am "all in".

Stagemusic
05-12-2004, 06:24 AM
Excellent idea. This is a great adjustment to what was proposed earlier. Good luck to all. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

_And1_
05-12-2004, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Plus, AFDBs are stylish and comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gamblor, i assume you are wearing one already...

David
05-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Lik of the year! ROFLMAO /images/graemlins/grin.gif

t_perkin
05-12-2004, 10:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If there is a total lack of interest and it's clear after (say) 2 weeks that nowhere near $10k in buy-ins is going to materialize then we'll pay out the winners of the individual SnG's according the standard SnG payout schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if this unfortunately occurs then all the money should go to the first place finishers in the SnGs. You play differently in a Satellite due to the (super) steep payout schedule. You should reward those who play correctly for the schedule.

Other than this it all looks like a barrel of laughs - I might have a crack or two. This is just like the double shootouts at Stars, with tougher opposition but no vig...

Tim

Jim Kuhn
05-12-2004, 09:01 PM
I think this concept would generate the most interest. Maybe stagger the starting times to make it better for our European cousins. Maybe have one per day geared toward the Europeans and two toward Americans and Canadians. Maybe starting times of 11:00 a.m. est, 6:00 p.m. est and 9:00 p.m. est.

Jim Kuhn
05-13-2004, 10:45 PM
Sounds like a great deal. If I happened to win but could not get off work could I have someone take my place (like maybe my father)?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
/images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif /images/graemlins/heart.gif

GrannyMae
05-13-2004, 10:53 PM
(like maybe my father)

is he good? if he taught you, the answer is NO. if he is terrible, we are more than happy to welcome Pa' Kuhn.

sounds like fun slacker, count me in

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/u/pacsmile.gif

dogsballs
05-13-2004, 11:12 PM
lol, Gamblor. Made me laugh out loud.

Slacker13
05-13-2004, 11:50 PM
Grannie, very nice to have you aboard. Could you please PM me with your Gaming Club Alias so I can get you set up.
Thanks, jon