View Full Version : Incredible

JimRivett
05-11-2004, 10:58 AM
I've been in this game about 20 minutes when this hand comes up.

utg raises (seat 6) - he is an old guy who thinks he should win every pot, especially the ones he raises.

folded to seat 9 who three bets all in - he is very loose, and it's not unusual for LA players to raise all in with very little.

seat 1 - mucks 10 10 face up, he's on tilt after what he feels are a couple of bad beats, or maybe he wants to be a Vegas player and show his big lay downs. He's mucked his last 3 hands face up and it's getting a little annoying.

seat 2 is me and I cap with black queens.

folded to small blind who calls, big blind folds, utg calls with a scowl.

Three players with chips see the flop and a side pot.

Flop comes 8 2 5 - rainbow

Small blind bets, utg raises, I three bet, small blind caps, we both call. Now I don't like this at all, I'm certain that I'm behind and need a Q to win, I'm putting the small blind on a flopped set of eights and utg on perhaps a bigger pair.

Turn is a 9, no flush.

Small blind bets, we both call.

River is a 3 for a final board of 8 2 5 9 3 suits unimportant.

Small blind bets, utg calls, I fold.

Small blind shows AA, utg shows KK, all in shows JJ, I had QQ and seat 1 folded 10 10 before the flop /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Who would have thought that, and wasn't the small blind in a perfect position with the pocket aces.

I have to wonder what would have been said if this had happened on an internet site, instead of at the Bike.

OrangeHeat
05-11-2004, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to wonder what would have been said if this had happened on an internet site, instead of at the Bike.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this same exact thought as I was reading your post.

People just don't realize "strange" things occur more frequently online on a per hour basis but not on a per deal basis because of the speed/multitabling,etc...

Orange

drewjustdrew
05-11-2004, 01:48 PM
Has anybody checked the card randomizer at this Bike site? Sounds like a conspiracy!

andyfox
05-11-2004, 02:26 PM
"it's not unusual for LA players to raise all in with very little."

You can take out the words "all in" and it's still an apt statement. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Very unusual hand. Would have been better if you had the pocket aces, though. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

nolanfan34
05-11-2004, 02:52 PM
Small blind had a pattern map clearly.

Ditto the wishes that you had the aces.

This hand is even stranger than me being dealt Q /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifthree times in five hands last night online.

mike l.
05-11-2004, 06:55 PM
nice one. seat 1 (TT) although a whiner, maybe plays good. watch out for him.

they were playing 200-400 last night at commerce. everyone at the table except one appeared to be under 30. one of the kids came up and told us the bad beat he took.

he had A9 in the cutoff 5 handed and openraised, button 3 bet, folded to him he 4 bet, button 5 bet, he called.

the flop was 993. they went 10 bets.

turn was K. cutoff bet, was raised, so he called.

the river was 7. check-call. button had K9.

button later told cutoff he wouldve went about 10 more bets on the flop before he considered stopping.

jwvdcw
05-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Crazy man...the craziest thing I've ever seen(I posted it around here somewhere, but I don't feel like looking for it) was a single table tourney at PartyPoker. 3 people left, I'm the big stack. I get AA, and my opponents have KK and QQ. My aces held up.

BreakEvenPlayer
05-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Please crosspost this in the Zoo. Maybe one of those kids will have second thoughts about his conspiracy theories.