PDA

View Full Version : JTs 80-160 completely confused

mike l.
05-11-2004, 09:24 AM
i have JhTh and limp after two limpers in a good game, 7 handed. button calls as well he's very loose and very aggressive and pretty awful. the blinds comes along. 6 of us.

the flop is KdJd9h. checked to bb who bets, first limper calls, next guy folds, i raise, button calls two cold, blinds fold, bb calls, now limper 3 bets, i call, button and bb call. 4 of us.

the turn is Kc. checked to me and i check--? button bets, bb folds, limper calls, and i call--? wtf?

the river is Js. checked to me and i check again.

so there you have it. mike l. top section pro.

andyfox
05-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Eighty views and no response thus far. So maybe you're not the only one confused. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Pre-flop, I raise to try to buy the button. On the flop, I don't understand the raise. You got no diamonds and no kings and a bad kicker with your jack and a draw to the second nut straight.

On the turn, the limper, who had 3-bet the flop, now checked. Why not bet here and see what the others do to find out if somebody has a king? I think if I checked and it was bet and called, I'd fold.

On the river, I'm with you; I haven't any idea.

There you have it: Andy Fox. Mid-stake occasional player.

nykenny
05-11-2004, 01:18 PM
like.

Clarkmeister
05-11-2004, 01:20 PM
Bet the turn. That is like so the perfect card for you.

mikelow
05-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Yes you played it like me. I would have played it the same way, fearing a checkraise from a king.

But you did miss a bet on the river.

Mikey
05-11-2004, 04:15 PM
The limper and calling and then reraising, that's what I like to call a flush draw. You see now how he checked. He scared of the KOWBOY!!

CrackerZack
05-11-2004, 04:31 PM
What this post needs is a little more COWBELL.

DcifrThs
05-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Mike l.,

i haven't read any responses yet so here goes:

preflop after two limpers, assuming you're in a later position that would allow you to act last on the flop should you raise and all behind you fold, i'd raise JTs. given that you didn't raise i'd fold to a bet AND a call with people to act behind me and 2nd pair, slim draw, no kicker. but you raised and repped the K. you then proceed to get 3 bet by an initial caller, that SCREAMS draw. so when they check to you on the turn when the K that you were representing falls you check!?!??! no way man. BET that K!!! if you're raised you can fold despite the size of the pot because you don't know if you're outs are clean and its likely you'll make a crying call even if one of those outs hits.

then they check to you on the riverafter you check the turn? nobody has a king...you can bet and expect to be called by pairs or even A high.

-Barron

nolanfan34
05-11-2004, 06:48 PM
This post has a fever...and the only prescription...is more COWBELL! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist.

BaronVonCP
05-11-2004, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
then they check to you on the riverafter you check the turn? nobody has a king...you can bet and expect to be called by pairs or even A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

What pairs will call on KKJJ board?

elysium
05-11-2004, 09:19 PM
hi mike
come on mike. you don't see the flop three bettor is betting his nut draw? the 3 bettor has AQd or possibly Axs'd. you must bet the turn mike. you must bet the river. this isn't even close.

mike l.
05-11-2004, 10:45 PM
"come on mike. you don't see the flop three bettor is betting his nut draw? the 3 bettor has AQd or possibly Axs'd. you must bet the turn mike. you must bet the river. this isn't even close."

youre exactly right. it was the button that had me worried though.

on the river button checked. i flipped my hand up, button flashed QTo with a look of true disgust and i won.