PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever attended the WSOP?

thealu
05-11-2004, 09:04 AM
I'm going to be in Vegas during the WSOP main event May 25-28. I'd like to go watch on one of those days but have no idea how to go about it. If I'm not playing in the event, can I still go to watch? If yes, what time would I have to show up in order to be in a position where I can actually see some of the action? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

thealu

Tyler Durden
05-11-2004, 10:20 AM
You can watch even if you're not playing in the event. You should be able to show up any time if it's not the day of the final table. Look for me, I'll be playing in the Pokerstars gear /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sundevils21
05-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Its cool just going to watch. I go whenever one of my fav players makes a final table. If its not the Championship Event, its easy to get a seat in the bleachers. One final table had DanNegreanu, Mike Matusow, John Juanda, and Paul Phillips. In a different event, I saw DanN win his third braclet. I think its fun, just don't bring your wife or gf...unless they like to watch poker for a couple of hours.

Sincere
05-11-2004, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I saw DanN win his third braclet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this last year, in the S.H.O.E. event?

Sincere
05-11-2004, 06:23 PM
Nevermind, I just saw in the New Views and Gossip forum. DanN won event 15 this year, so that must have been his third I assume.

thealu
05-13-2004, 11:07 PM
thanks for the replies --

fanoula