PDA

View Full Version : happy, but oh so close

pgec311
05-11-2004, 08:27 AM
Got into the money for the first time in a MTT last night, finished 12th out of 305 in a pokerroom 5+1 (only my 8th MTT, usually a sitngo'er) Feel like its because of a lot of tips I picked up here, so thanks. But man, what a horrible way to go out. All-in preflop with AQh (relatively low stack with 1500/3000 blinds) against two callers with a board that comes out A8TQ7 and lose to a KJo, two away from the final table. Oh well, did what they say, got my money in with the best of it and had a chance to triple up going to the final table and just got unlucky, THATS POKER. My real mistake was a little earlier, when I had just doubled up and was in third. Played two loose hands in a row, first one with oesd and next hand with an AJo (really starting to see why this hand isnt that good), bled away over 1/3 of my stack. crazy how you can play solid for 3 hours and then have 5 minutes of loose play and be crippled. Anyway, this has gotten long winded and was meant to be a thanks, not a sob story. Best of luck to everyone.

PC