PDA

View Full Version : I smell a rat. Is this collaboration or what?

kcluu16
05-11-2004, 05:33 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

This hand made me highly suspicious of the button (sn: counselorhay). Beware when playing with him. You can obvously tell his raises were not justified. To top it off, he left the table after this hand, which really made me think... i smell a rat!

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $1.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero (poster) 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (21.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 24.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Ac As (one pair, aces).
Hero shows Kh Kc (one pair, kings).
Button shows 9h Ts (one pair, tens).
Outcome: UTG wins 24.75 BB. </font>

Zetack
05-11-2004, 06:06 AM
If its collusion its a horrible job of it.

The button shouldn't have capped PF since utg could have done it and maybe those guys inbetween call three but not four.

Looks like UTG wanted more bets in all the way yet button backs off on the turn.

A colluder shouldn't have called the river--either raise to get more bets from you or fold to avoid showing his weak hand.

If colluding why does he leave but not the utg?

Looks like just typical senseless bad play to me.

But what do I know.

--Zetack

B Dids
05-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Why would you think the two are working together, the other guy has ACES. The other guy may have just been a maniac.

sfer
05-11-2004, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure it's colluding but maybe. If it is, they missed 4 BBs.

More importantly, if you feel strongly that it was colluding, did you email Party?

MasterShakes
05-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Agree with the others. This isn't collusion, and if it is, they're terrible at it. The other guy did have middle pair and could have been maniacal. The third guy had aces.

siccjay
05-11-2004, 12:35 PM
It's not collusion hes just a moron. He was pumping his 3 card straight and then made 2nd pair on the turn and he wasn't goin anywhere. He clearly put you both on AK haha

Don't post so early.

kcluu16
05-12-2004, 05:15 AM
i emailed party and let them know. they said it looks suspicoius, but they can't be sure if it just yet. i guess it's very possible the reraiser was just a maniac.

HajiShirazu
05-12-2004, 06:04 AM
To be honest it's far more likely that button is just a moron, but I don't have any problems with people posting and reporting semi-suspicious collusion hands. Collusion is something that we should always be on the lookout for and work to eliminate.
It would help to know if button had played in a maniac style on previous hands. Perhaps checking previous hand histories could help you on this.

blackaces13
05-12-2004, 06:28 AM
If it were collusion wouldn't the button have folded on the river?

I think this is just a guy who raises constantly, there are plenty of these types on Party as well as in real life. He probably left out of embarassment.

smd
05-12-2004, 11:23 AM
Off-topic, but you may want to wait for the blinds instead of posting UTG+1.

Tosh
05-12-2004, 12:06 PM
That looks nothing like collaboration to me.

symphonic
05-12-2004, 12:23 PM
If it were collusion they would've capped the turn/river.