PDA

View Full Version : Important Lesson: Dont Travel with Poker Chips

Cubswin
05-11-2004, 01:31 AM
From CNN.com. Link Here (http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/04/17/lax.evacuation/index.html)

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Terminal 5 at Los Angeles International Airport was evacuated late Friday because of a security alert.

But the items that raised suspicions turned out to be a palm pilot and a stack of poker chips, a Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman said.

Jennifer Marty with the TSA in Seattle said the arrangement of the items in the suitcase caused concern at 10:20 p.m (0520 GMT), and a bomb squad was called to investigate. Flights were cleared for take-off about two hours later.

Marty said those passengers who had passed the screening process were allowed to remain in the boarding areas and didn't need to be rescreened.

The passenger was allowed to board the plane after the items were identified. She said she didn't know whether the passenger was a man or a woman.

Initially, police described the suspicious item as a cell phone with protruding wires.

Among the airlines served in Terminal 5 are Delta Air Lines, Aeromexico, Air France, Air Jamaica and China Southern.

SossMan
05-11-2004, 04:07 AM
Reminds me of the Seinfeld stand-up:

"You know they have no idea what they're looking at in that x-ray....it's my own stuff, and I don't know what it is.

"What is that, some sort of bowling ball candle, that's fine. Keep moving...what's that a blow-dryer with a scope, that looks okay, just keep the line moving, don't hold up the line... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

boedeker
05-13-2004, 09:46 AM
i got a set of poker chips for xmas this year and on my way back to nyc they had to search my bag after being exrayed because of them.