PDA

View Full Version : I seriously have it... sike

Haupt_234
05-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Table is typical. No reads on the players involved in the hand.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (9.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between SB, UTG+2 and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by SB (12.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 8c Ts (three of a kind, eights).
UTG+2 shows Qc Ah (two pair, aces and eights).
Hero shows As 3s (two pair, aces and eights).
Outcome: SB wins 12.50 BB. </font>

Besides the flush draw I picked up on the turn, I was going to c/r it either way to represent an 8. Comments?

Haupt_234

LAGmaniac
05-11-2004, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Besides the flush draw I picked up on the turn, I was going to c/r it either way to represent an 8. Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you can't c/r the turn since you're acting last and you can't steal this pot from that position with a raise. The other two are pretty much committed to call you down at this point unless you already have them both beat (very unlikely) and in that case you don't want them to fold.

Don't waste money trying to represent hands at LL, it does work at times but this was not the proper situation for it. The raise as a semi-bluff may have some merit, but if you waited until you hit it at the river you would probably make the same number of chips with less risk. Since you missed I think you need to check this one through.

BonJoviJones
05-11-2004, 01:47 PM
I don't like the turn raise. Everyone is well aware of the flop, and are probably going to call a single bet to see the river. You may well not have the best hand, either looking at a bigger Ace or an eight. Raising may give the SB a chance to show strength and three-bet, forcing you to put in a lot of money drawing for a /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

(If you're kicker was higher than the board-pair I'd like a raise more, just for the additional 3 outs of spiking 2pair against a higher Ace)

I call the turn, check/call the river unless I hit the flush, then I'll bet or raise, and call another raise.

Little Fishy
05-11-2004, 01:56 PM
sorry about the kicker man, but you should have seen it coming. SB bet into the flop and the blank turn, he didn't have trips because he didn't reraise the turn. He didn't bet the river bc he knew he'd only get called by trip 8's or maybe a loose caller, but that he might get bet into by a worse kicker who doesn't see what's going on. you should have checked the river behind him man, it was pretty obviouse what he was representing.

added advice, be carefull with Axs, treat it as a drawing hand because (as I've learned the hard way) you can get busted by that kicker a lot.

-Little Fishy

highlife
05-11-2004, 01:59 PM
you are lucky SB is a weak player and didnt c/r. you should have checked the river. decent raise on the turn however to get an ace with a better kicker to fold. although SB prob should have made it three bets on the turn, prob getting you out of the pot.

Haupt_234
05-11-2004, 02:31 PM
Im not really sure why I got tricky all of a sudden. I guess 1000+ hands in a row cause you to not think. As I look back on it now, it's just plain stupid /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Thanks for the advice..

Haupt_234

BigBaitsim (milo)
05-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Agreed. Been there, done that.