PDA

View Full Version : Flopping TP after free ride in BB

Saborion
05-10-2004, 10:52 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by Hero.</font>

Haupt_234
05-10-2004, 11:42 PM
I like the play. It appears as if the sb is sticking around for the flush, so charging him is the better option. I also like the c/r of the button since he could be on any number of hands and it is difficult to put him on another Queen.

How would you have played this differently if the opening flop bet came from UTG+1 or even CO?

Haupt_234

Saborion
05-10-2004, 11:52 PM
I'd still c/r.
I have TP. I don't want to fold just yet. Check-raising usually intimidates a few players.

I'm not sure that's the best way to play it though. I gambled a bit by checking this flop, not knowing if someone would bet. I still think that's my best option though since my hand isn't all that good.

LAGmaniac
05-11-2004, 12:04 AM
Seems like a pretty routine hand to me, I'd play it the same.

StellarWind
05-11-2004, 11:05 AM
I usually bet instead of checkraising in this situation. Too often you give the free card when you are ahead but score the checkraise when you are behind. This wouldn't be such a problem if either my hand was better or I could rely on someone to bet.