PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this weak?

DaveFoldsFive
05-10-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm new... be nice /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero raises, CO folds, Button 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
UTG checks, Hero bets, Button raises, UTG folds, Hero 3-bets, Button caps, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

sfer
05-10-2004, 10:55 PM
I need to get raised once more on the turn before I believe he has KK.

Saborion
05-10-2004, 11:11 PM
Likewise.
The question is, do you want to lead the turn, or c/r it?

James Boston
05-10-2004, 11:37 PM
Good point. AA or AK, maybe even QQ could be played that aggressively, and I doubt he's been pegged for JJ yet.

Haupt_234
05-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Here is my crazy aggressive advice...

I would bet out the turn and 3-bet it if I get the chance. I guess I am one to ram-and-jam the second nuts and pay off the nuts. If he has KK, congradulate him. Otherwise, stick it to him. I don't feel as if letting up would have positive EV in the long run, especially in limit.

Haupt_234

sfer
05-10-2004, 11:55 PM
I would lead into him on the turn after he caps the flop. No point getting tricky.

asdf1234
05-11-2004, 02:54 AM
You've got to put in at least one more bet on the turn.

Bob T.
05-11-2004, 04:11 AM
Did I play this weak?

Yes. You need to make at least one more raise on either the turn or river. I think the turn is a better choice.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.

umdpoker
05-11-2004, 04:11 AM
yes. there are a bunch of people that would cap this with ak or aa. you have a friggin set! you gotta play the odds game here. what are the odds out of his possible holdings that he has exactly kk? not higher than 50% even after all that betting on the flop. bet/raise!

Lebronomania
05-11-2004, 04:24 AM
Yes, you played this weak. Most low-limit players do not play their sets aggressively on the flop, and the fact that he put in the 4th bet, for a typical player, is a very good sign for your second set. If he had KK, he probably (A) just calls your flop bet and raises the turn or (B) raises once, calls ur three bet, then raises on the turn. A 4 bet on the flop in low-limit poker is generally a sign of medium strength, not great strength (the thought being "I think I'm winning, but I dont want to have raise on the big bets 'cause I'm not that sure"). Its also a very good indication of a draw, as low-limit players go way too far with the free card play.

In this case, I would definitely put him on AK, AA, or AQs. With JJ, I'd probably go for the check-raise, 'cause I'm 90% sure I'm ahead. If I'm less sure, I'd bet out, call another raise, and check and call to showdown.

You lost 2 BBs playing this weak (1 BB on the turn, 1 BB on the river). If you had bet out on the turn, and he did have KK, you woulda lost 1 BB.

Trix
05-11-2004, 09:18 AM
Check-raise the turn and call down if he 3bets.