PDA

View Full Version : Mcevoy/Daugherty....Championship satelite strategy

rusty JEDI
05-10-2004, 08:15 PM
William

Any update on if the book is worth getting. I just got 1500 more fpp's to burn and want to know if its worth it. If anybody else has any opinion let me know.

rJ

William
05-10-2004, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
William

Any update on if the book is worth getting. I just got 1500 more fpp's to burn and want to know if its worth it. If anybody else has any opinion let me know.

rJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a couple of days. I had a busy weekend.

jwvdcw
08-02-2004, 04:33 PM
bump...I'd like some opinions as well

Eder
08-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Well my opinion is save up to 3000FFP and get the jacket

AleoMagus
08-02-2004, 08:06 PM
I actually bought this and a few other book a while back and have a few opinions.

This book as well as the 'New Players guide to No Limit Hold'em' are both really good

The 'New Players' book is pretty basic, but it is a great intro to No-Limit and specifically tournament play. It's material is well suited to SNG play, and it actually has a short chapter on online SNGs/Satellites.

The Satellite book is also very good. It offers many of the same kinds of strategy suggestions that have been arrived at numerous times on this forum and is well written. I think any serious SNG player should own it, despite the fact that is written for satellite play and not SNG play. It is especially good, I think, if you are a limit SNG player because that isn't talked about much here and there are two good chapters on Limit Satellite play, which is similar.

Keep in mind however, that both of these books are missing a very important subject that is probably more important than anything else in SNG play. Bubble play and near-bubble play.

As of yet, nobody has formally covered SNG bubble play in any book that I know of. This is understandable, as SNG bubble play is somewhat different than most other poker situations and there are no books about SNGs (yet).

Mason actually reviewed both of the books I just mentioned favorably (which says a LOT). /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope this helps.

Regards
Brad S