PDA

View Full Version : Taking A Page From Bunky's Playbook

Chris Daddy Cool
05-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Well, its not quite the same hand, but my thoughts were there when the hand played out! As Bunky once told me, if you're gonna suck out on somebody, might as well make em pay for it! Too bad he folded though.

4/8 B&M game

Folded to the CO who openlimps. I do not allow such foolishness in my games. I'm on the button with 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and raise. SB folds. BB calls. The CO calls.

FLOP: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks. CO checks. I bet. BB checkraises. CO calls. I 3bet. BB caps. CO thinks for a while, then folds. I think for awhile and call.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
BB bets. I call.

River: 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
BB bets. I raise. BB folds. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

What do y'alls think 'bouts that?

bunky9590
05-10-2004, 07:37 PM
I like it. I really like it.

Looks like he was one of those push a draw types or he had something like 76 for top two.

Now what I really put BB on now that I think about it is A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and made a last desperate attempt on the river. But you're too smart for that.

Gotta love the running low pairs with over pairs to the board.

ni han

me454555
05-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Am I the only one who thinks you got away VERY lucky? Why raise the river, you've got nothing but an overpair and you got checkraised/capped on the flop and he bet into you on the turn.

I think the river raise is horrid b/c you don't gain anything by it. If you got him beat, he folds, if hes got anything he's calling you or raising. I don't think theres any way he calls your raise w/out showing down a better hand or folding a better hand than yours for 1 bb on the river.

asdf1234
05-10-2004, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you got him beat, he folds

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably doesn't fold a smaller two pair (with maybe the exception of 65).

Chris Daddy Cool
05-10-2004, 09:07 PM
He had 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif as he got his two pair counterfeited. I actually put him on 76.

I didn't put him on a flush or straight draw, as it wouldn't have been profitable for him to ram and jam with just two callers, plus running the risk of losing the CO, which he did. I didn't give him credit for the set either as he seemed like the type of player to checkraise his bigger hands on the bigger streets.

sfer
05-10-2004, 09:56 PM
There's a young Bunky in the world. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I like the raise. Most players pay you off there; too bad he didn't.

me454555
05-10-2004, 10:01 PM
The questions you have to ask yourself is what are the odds that if I raise he will call and I will win vs what are the odds he will 3bet/fold to my raise and I loose.

I can think of many more hands he could play like this that will beat you than those that you beat.

I can see this open limp, cr/cap the flop w/hands of 55, 66, 77, A8s, 89s. He could also play like this w/56s or 67s.

I just don't think you will get called AND win often enough to pay off or fold to a 3bet. I think calling is the better option here and its not even close.

asdf1234
05-10-2004, 10:11 PM
I actually prefer calling as well, I was just pointing out that 75 and 76 will usually pay off.