PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 6 max hand...too greedy for my own good?

tommy2
05-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Thoughts on how to play this hand:

Hero in BB with 4 5 unsuited,

Everyone folds preflop to the SB who limps, hero checks

Flop is A 2 3 rainbow,

SB checks, Hero checks (?)

Turn is a 2

SB checks, Hero checks

River is a 5

SB bets, hero raises, SB reraises, hero caps

SB show 10 5 for a chopped pot.

So, here is my thinking: when I flop the straight I figure that this is a hand that is pretty hard for him to beat regardless of the turn and river. I really was hoping to check raise him on the turn, but when he didn't bet, I figured a bet here would represent a set of 2's and I thought he would have folded. I guess the question here is did I blow this the whole way?

lil'
05-10-2004, 07:07 PM
Am I missing something? Looks like SB has 2 pair.

Anyway, I'd bet the turn if I checked the flop. Most of the time I just bet the flop unless the guy often gets away from missed flops quickly.

tommy2
05-10-2004, 07:21 PM
sorry that river was a 4, not a 5...

sthief09
05-10-2004, 07:51 PM
how are you going to c/r if you have position? I don't like your logic. it's headsup. a bet on the turn doesn't represent trips. a bet on the turn could mean literally anything.

stripsqueez
05-10-2004, 09:39 PM
shocker

i have had some shockers that look a lot like this one - i once had AA in the SB heads up with the BB and other than completing pre-flop didnt make or call a single bet - i was confident that the BB was going to raise pre-flop, or bet the flop, or surely bet the turn, or he is definately going to try and steal on the river...i'm still waiting

some of my best shockers have resulted from slow playing 2 streets in a row so now i try not to do that as a matter of policy

stripsqueez - chickenhawk