PDA

View Full Version : Do the opposite?

MaxPower
05-10-2004, 04:12 PM
When I give someone feedback on a hand, I like to find a hand where I did the opposite of my advice. I just made a post in micro-limits telling someone with KK to fold when an ace came on the turn. In this hand, I decided that I was going to call it down unless there was major action on the river.

My opponents in this hand were all new to the table and I knew nothing about them. In fact they had all posted.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $4. MP3 posts a blind of $3. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="CC3333">CO (poster) raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.66 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (12.83 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.83 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players) </font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 15.83 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 15.83 BB, between MP3, CO and Hero.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (15.83 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Kc Ks (two pair, kings and sixes).
MP3 shows 5h 3h (one pair, sixes).
CO shows 9c 8c (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 15.83 BB. </font>

sfer
05-10-2004, 04:23 PM
I think it looks fine. Looks like you were going to checkraise the turn but MP coming alive spooked you?