PDA

View Full Version : tough QQ hand...

unfrgvn
05-10-2004, 03:07 PM
I read the JJ thread from Praying Mantis. This came up in my 10+1 today. I guess I should have had Lori's postings in mind before this hand.
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (3 handed)

Hero (t2092)
Button (t404)
SB (t5504)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Button folds, SB raises to t1300, Hero raises to t2092 (All-In), SB calls t792.

Flop: (t4184) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in) </font>

Turn: (t4184) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in) </font>

River: (t4184) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players, 1 all-in) </font>

Final Pot: t4184

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Qh Qc (two pair, queens and twos).
SB shows Ac Th (two pair, aces and twos).
Outcome: SB wins t4184. </font>

In terms of having a chance to win the whole tourny, I think my call was +EV. If I fold though, I probably have 2nd locked up. If small stack is bigger, than I have a clear push.

David BB
05-10-2004, 03:37 PM
The difference between 2nd and 3rd place isnt that big - theres no way you can fold QQ at this stage no matter how few chips the short stack has.

And thats just my oppinion!

AtlBrvs4Life
05-10-2004, 03:48 PM
Yea I'm not sure what the problem is. You had almost 3:1 odds against him. If you win, you have a very good chance on winning the tourney, if you lose you miss 2ndd place and lose that extra $10.

unfrgvn
05-10-2004, 05:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea I'm not sure what the problem is. You had almost 3:1 odds against him. If you win, you have a very good chance on winning the tourney, if you lose you miss 2ndd place and lose that extra $10.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the small stack was bigger I wouldn't have posted the hand. To be honest, I clicked the all in button as fast as I could, figuring he had something like A X, or even a lesser pair. I'm just thinking that in this case, with the small stack all in on the next hand, it may have been prudent to dump the hand.

Kurn, son of Mogh
05-10-2004, 06:15 PM
This is a much different situation than the JJ thread. You're already in the money so there's no possibility of getting $0 for your efforts.

I will say, though, that this is a perfect opportunity to just call preflop and push in on any Aceless flop.