PDA

View Full Version : Pot calling the kettle a cheater?

Phishy McFish
05-10-2004, 03:04 PM
I played a little heads up 1-on-1 on my lunch today. I'm playing a guy NL for $50 on Paradise and we are at the 15/30 blinds...to be fair...there is a lot of large preflop raising by both players. Our stacks are pretty equal....1100 to 900 him I think. I have AQs and raise it to 200 he raises it 20 400 and I call (if an A or Q fall I will push but if a lone K comes I vacate more than likely).

The flop comes AQx suited....but he diconnects right away......even before I have a chance to check or push. He's treated as "all-in" and my top 2 pair hold up against his KK.

He comes back online after 20+ hands and is calling ME a cheater for blinding him down (and I did it as fast as I could without any regrets and much joy!!).

My question has nothing to do with my playing of the hand (or trying to blind out the victory....cuz I have no issues with that.)

I'm finding it hilarious that he thinks I don't KNOW he saw the Ace and/or 3 suited flop and got the hell out of Dodge in case his Ks held up, but without risking having to put anythign else in.

Anyone buy his claim?

bernie
05-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Tell him to get a better connection.

I'd expect someone else to do this to me if i 'disconnected'. It's part of the online experience. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

So, yes, i'd do it to them too.

No one can really expect someone to actually wait for them to come back online.

What's really bad is when you have the guy almost gone and he comes back to beat ya. At least then it also gives him a story.

b

Phishy McFish
05-10-2004, 03:15 PM
My point is that prick disconnected on purpose when the over card falls with 2 other cards of the same suit.....his Ks are now in danger of falling to any Ace or any two hearts...whoever won that pot was in serious control....he has to know he'll at least have to call one more bet so he unplugs it and takes his chances that he wins and gets back in time to finish me off or try and make a last stand if I take the pot.......as it was he was goign to go broke then and there or I take it down without a call.

....and he calls ME a cheater???? I'll send the (ignored) e-mail to Paradise later.....just to put it in his record (as if that matters).

La Brujita
05-10-2004, 04:24 PM
He is an idiot and is 100% completely wrong. I am glad you got his money. A bad internet connection is part of the risk of doing business in internet poker.

Intentionally cheating with a disconnect is another matter altogether.