PDA

View Full Version : questionable decision at foxwoods

sweeneyagonistes
05-10-2004, 02:32 PM
so i went to foxwoods for the first time yesterday and the following debacle occured. i'm second to act in a two way nl $100 pot. i put in 20 on the flop and 30 on the turn. on the river i turn to the guy who is in the pot who is sitting to my right and i say "i'll tap you, i think i have you covered" and he says "tap?" and i say "ill put you all in" i didn't put my chips over the line. he flips his cards and says "i missed the straight, 8 high." I assumed that meant he was folding, so i muck. then the dealer pushes the pot over to him, and i said, "no, he folded" and started to take the pot. then the dealer and the player both yelled at me saying that I folded and that the pot was his. I put up a breif fight, since the people across the table clearly heard me say that i put him all in. i dropped the argument after a while because the other guy in the pot who took it down was a real sad sack and was awful at poker. i had jacks up and im still pissed off. maybe some of you were there. anyway, just curious if im right or wrong or whatever. thanks for oppinions

CrackerZack
05-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Don't muck your hand till you get the pot.

These posts come up about once a month, answer is always the same, protect your hand.

LetsRock
05-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Any time you do something that is ambiguous, you put yourself at risk for this kind of debacle. If you're going to bet, bet, if you're going to check, check. Don't start playing side games with your opponents.

Tap? Sounds like a check to me. Even though you followed it with a "i'll put you all in" statement, with no shove and no show, you let him pull one over on you. He didn't say "call" and he showed his cards. Your muck action would have looked like a "foreit" move to me if I was the dealer.

Sorry, but you did that to yourself.

jmark
05-10-2004, 03:39 PM
You didn't say you were all in, just that you'd put him all in, plus you acted out of turn. Don't act out of turn. Also don't ever throw your cards away until the chips are pushed to you.

Also if you thought you had the best hand why wouldn't you let him bluff at it?

Stew
05-10-2004, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You didn't say you were all in, just that you'd put him all in, plus you acted out of turn. Don't act out of turn. Also don't ever throw your cards away until the chips are pushed to you.

Also if you thought you had the best hand why wouldn't you let him bluff at it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent Points all the way around.